So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

“Tell me, Miss Lawley, have you ever made love in a hammock*?”

Himself was greatly taken with the DID guest who asked that - fascinating old boy, apparently. Buggered if I can remember who he was, though…

*PS: we’ll 'ave none of that 'ere

4 Likes

Excellent. So I do.

The cake suggested by Gus is wonderful. Even when baked by me. Fragrant, moist, moreish, oh, hang on, I am not one of those people. 'Tis Good.

Soo (otb) xx

6 Likes

What’s wrong with amourous hammocking?

It can be quite a lot of fun

6 Likes

I know asphyxia is supposed to - ahem - enhance the experience, but - no, Twellsy, just ‘No’. Think of the poor First Responders, dickering about with crochet hooks and snips and Books of Knots as well as the oxygen and the screens from prying eyes. And some of them these days is ever so young.

5 Likes

Have you fergotten yer 'eadache ?

I have just been bleeding a radiator

Not sure I can cope with the excitement, TBH

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Orf to me nest, not to think about things like that.

Night all.

5 Likes

I have yet to have a problem with the hammock and ahem private acts

Possibly because I am usually doing things like reading or knitting or preparing dinner on my hammock

It has a steel frame with two hooks at each end and is very stable

5 Likes

Thank heaven for small mercies. < draws a - really quite opaque, luckily - veil >

5 Likes

Thattiz prudent. Can’t have you lying awake at night, tossing and turning in your nest, thinking of bleeding bleedin’ radiators, now can we?

4 Likes

Morning all

Chilly here

Bacon butties on the table

5 Likes

How’s the head, Twellsy?
Chilly here too. Thermal socks on feet.
Apple cake in oven.

4 Likes

Head sore but poppies are wonderful things when used medically and properly supervised

5 Likes

Sunny but fruz day 'ere.

A Grate Big Bird has just casually flown past me window.

I shall need to have Words wiv them.

yardarm

5 Likes

What a cheek

How dare grate big birds spy on our wee birdie?

Bacon butties on your nest edge dear dunnock

3 Likes

Oooh, I did that yesterday.

5 Likes

I have never bled a radiator

Hence my ignorance of such procedures

I have now done about 8" of my jumper that is the pretty chenille yarn

Passes soothing anti itch ungent to our chatelaine

A leopard boy is “helping” in this endeavour

4 Likes

My mother said firmly that babies and cats are absolutely no good at knitting, for all that they always think they are.

4 Likes

There are Opinions about bleeding radiators. Many people think it should be done when the heating is off. I was told that it should be done when it’s on.

5 Likes

I was told to do them when on , so that there is maximum possibility for hot, dirty water to escape

The radiator in the sewing room is particularly awkward to do, & the Plumber didn’t listen when I told him…

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Why do so many people NOT listen when told about problems?

Yesterday a baby quack insisted on going for blud in a vein in the inside of my wrist and I am now black from wrist to elbow

This endeavour failed so I pointed him at the only vein that works and that has no bruise - scarcely a mark in fact

4 Likes