So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

It is noticeable that on our Birdie Palace the bluetits happily go inside the anti-pigeon cage to get at the seeds, while the dunnocks wait outside for the bits to be dropped.

(Orright, some of the dunnocks and a few of the robins are too plump to get through the bars easily.)

5 Likes

Particularly not the Bringer of Gin, Soo

The foxes here are Utterly Brazen, Gus,so I bet it was one of those Buggas

Not nice being spooked in oneā€™s own home , though

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Love birds are tremendously noisy

I had a pair and I tried to get sleep with them in the house

They were rehomed

5 Likes

Bloody hell. Monday already.
Goodnight, Cellarites. I must just shove medication down the Growly Monster and then I am for me bed. She has stopped growling, by the way, and I havenā€™t encountered anything untoward outside. Like Granny Weatherwax, the scariest thing in my ā€˜gardenā€™ is (or so I very much hope) me.
Gus xx

5 Likes

Aye, well, scrub that. She has done the Vanishing Trick. Am hardly amused at all. Heigh ho, no doubt she will resurface when it suits her (there is only so much peering under furniture looking for a shape-shifting mistress of camouflage one can usefully do). But I do want her to have the antibiotics. We have a dilemma. Actually no we donā€™t, we just have an upright Gus working very hard on becoming a diagonal one at the very least, if not fully horizontal. Actually, being horizontal was what I signed up for, mentā€™ly, a while ago. Bloody cat.

But, and I meant to ask you this earlier, dere wee Bee - what is your gingerbread recipe?And I donā€™t expect you to get involved in laborious typings out. But you strike me as a wumman who knows her gingerbread, you seeā€¦

4 Likes

Getting really quite cross / bored / diagonal now. The little sod is outside. Mocking me and being elusive. And no doubt sniggering in Cat. Curse this sudden mild, Springlike weather, it leads to ideas and independence. Canā€™t be doing with that kind of thing; furry little shite. Furry, obviously feeling much better little shite, though. Which is good.

5 Likes

Well, she has just come in. Jumped on the table in expectation of her ā€˜treatsā€™ with the tablets in and hoovered them down. With a very high estimation of herself and how welcome back she is. FLS. Good night once again, me dears. Or good morrow.

Or just 'good grief!'
G xx

7 Likes

Pore Gus!

Hints of blue in todayā€™s sky, wivva Great Big Bird innit when I opened the curtains. Gorgeous creatures.

yardarm

6 Likes

Oh Gus

I hope that you are making up for the lost sleep now

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Morning folk

Grey and precipitating here

Bacon butties and hot loaves in usual places

I am off to wrangle brioche dough into rolls and loaves

It grew most admirably in the fridge overnight

5 Likes

Orff to the Orsepiddle shortly, so will expect Bacon when I get backā€¦

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Readies pan and bacon to cook bacon a la minute forra chatelaine

5 Likes

Scraps for a big breakfast/brunch ā€¦ a speciality of mine.

Extra-smoked bacon in long chunky slices. cubes of chorizo (pre-warmed in the microwave to get off, & use, the oils that gives), mushrumps roughly broken into chunks, left-over new potatoes. All pan-fried & grated cheese chucked on as itā€™s near finished ā€¦ plus a fried egg.

All with Assam tea.

I may well not live as long as I might ā€¦ but I will have tasted food.

I can make extra if people would like ?

6 Likes

Always, Armers dere.

I might add some black and/or white pud but I wonā€™t say youā€™re wrong to leave it out.

5 Likes

Pudding would work a treat Sparrer, but itā€™s sadly lacking from the fridge & I donā€™t fancy catching my own.

6 Likes

Lobs over a brace of fresh caught puddens in both hues

Collapses onto chaise

Sprightly critters at this season arenā€™t they?

5 Likes

Thanks Tā€™Wellsie. The white ones are slower youā€™ll find.

OK, a gurt panful is going on in a short while. Is anyone going to need fried bread with this ?

4 Likes

Ooh, I should think so.

(Thereā€™s also red pudding, which is apparently popular in Scotland and parts of Finland, but I havenā€™t found any yet.)

5 Likes

Itā€™s a standard dry spice recipe, Gus - one that was made by Mam. I donā€™t have much call for making it, now, but during their childhoods our two only had this or tealoaf as their home-made cakes. The occasional coffee and walnut cake too, thinking about it. Oh, and carrot cake.

Pidge excelled herself, last night - wot a little stinker! Iā€™m afraid that her antics and your reactions made me laugh, a lot. Bad bee.

I hope that the Chatlaineā€™s hospital visit is useful.

Soo xx

5 Likes

The real question is whether Gus has a lockable cat-flap.

4 Likes