So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

So what classes as the big city for you T’Wellsie ?

That Dublin or Galway ? Not the Limerick shirley.

4 Likes

Stab city is our big city!

We were careful and avoided the trouble spots…

5 Likes

Ooo’er Mrs.

I was hoping it was Galway.

4 Likes

Galway is the clinic I haunt

Better to use health insurance than join the trolley brigade in the regional hospital in stab city

4 Likes

Good choice.

4 Likes

Good night from a very rotund bee.
(Tempura cauli and broccoli is a Good Idea, at the time.)
Soo xx

6 Likes

O tempura, o moreBee, izzit?

4 Likes

We dined on the healthy option for tonight

Baked spuds with a topping of bacon onion mushrooms and sweet corn in double cream
It was luvverly

5 Likes

Out of interest, Twellsy dere, what was the unhealthy option? Only I was thinking I might have it instead of pudding…

4 Likes

Gus

The unhealthy option added butter to the spuds and the bacon mixture was topped with cheese in extravagant amounts

But knowing how the cellar folks feel about healthy grub I left them out for reasons of health

5 Likes

Melty cheese makes everything better.

I woke up earlyish and I’m in the garden. Hazy blue day, Grate Big Birds swooping past, small tseepy birds catching up on the gossip.

yardarm

5 Likes

I have just awoken

I slept from 2300 to 1030

6 Likes

I suspect that is a Good Thing, isn’t it, Twellies?

4 Likes

I have been to Mass & am fortifying meself with a Snarlingly Strong Coffee

Drink will deffo be taken later

The God of Organisation looked kindly on me today - Cilli’s Funeral was at 11am in the little Church I know so well, so 10am Mass suited admirably

As I left there was a Fambly arriving for a Baptism at 11, & there’s a Jumble Sale in the Parish Rooms at 12

Hope that the God of Organisation was still on duty… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Someone has just posted to the local Freecycle: “Fold-up knitting frame. Cat not included.”

4 Likes

That is why I have a box for my knitting

Fishy sleeping so long has got rid of the edake

7 Likes

I am glad to hear it, Twellies.

4 Likes

I don’t suppose anyone knows a way of loosening an over-tightened wing nut without chucking quantities of lubricant at it. Nut is on my embroidery frame, hence the reluctance to involve noxious liquids.
Today is too complicated (not just the wing nut thing). I might go back to bed.

4 Likes

Heat it using a hot pad (the sort you microwave)? Then it will expand a little, and might turn more readily.

4 Likes

No microwave, o Fish*. But surely heating it would make it stick more firmly, the screw and the nut being of the same material. I will try hottening it by some means nonetheless.

I got this wonderful twiddly thing to tighten and loosen nuts without hurting my fingers. It’s just too damned good at its job!

*I am with Jeremy Hardy (I think. Could possibly have been Andy Hamilton) on that, regarding them as ‘the Devil’s tumbledryer’ :wink:

4 Likes