So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Being growled at can have a terrified effect. I’m glad the lunch was good in spite of all delay.

Have a slammer?

4 Likes

Yup, that’d be good for me, Fishly One. Tea only goes so far, after all.
Soo xx

2 Likes

Good nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

3 Likes

G’night Soo.

2 Likes

Goodnight Soo

Don’t ferget yer Gin…

Carinthia.xx

2 Likes

Just cracked open a Blackwater No 5 with ice, slice & tonic. Any takers?

2 Likes

yes please, joe, just the tiny enormous one and thank you kindly.

gahhhhhhh!

Gus.

3 Likes

Ginormous gin and tiny tonic, then? Consider it done…

2 Likes

Now I call that absolutely gentlemanly of you, joe dear. Slainte
gx

What is the music?

2 Likes

You know when you wake up after a fairly wild night and realise that you’ve said something that you really know you’re going to regret? In my case it was announcing - before knowledgeable witnesses - that I would learn Ferneyhough’s Cassandra’s Dream Song by the end of the year. I now have to follow through, so it sits reproachfully beside my desk…

3 Likes

Just in case you want a closer look (all right, I just wanted to get post #1111 !)

It doesn’t look quite so bad through the gin glass…

3 Likes

Thank you joe. NIghtmares now assured, of the wandering round WH Smiths in just one’s blouse/shirt & tie to buy pens for the exam for which one has not only not revised but didn’t expect to be sitting in the first place, such as history when one opted for geog, and so on variety…

Eeeeek (diminuendo) and then ginuendo molto con vivace*, I think. gx

*although it was that kind of thing wot got you up this particular tree in the first place, I do see. But then I suspect that you will achieve it - sympathies and encouraging thorts to a poor suffering bastart meanwhile.

3 Likes

Good Morning all,

Now you see…
That’s just showing-off. Nobody needs all of those lines and symbols, to make a racket like that.

Now this on the other hand.

The bloke bangimg the keys here, doesn’t even have any music. :notes:
:wink:

4 Likes

Yardarm and just a large bucketful of something restorative for me please.

3 Likes

Lest anyone should think that extended techniques are the preserve of the avant garde…

4 Likes

Oh good, someone’s called a yardarm. I need a small something to cope with that music.

gahhhhhhh, Gus? Anything we can help with?

5 Likes

Not really, but thank you for the thought. And yardaaarms are very helpful in themselves.

5 Likes

That must have bin (ew) a fragrant meeting…

5 Likes

When visiting Barra I found that the various Border Collies had the island divided into personal territories. Wherever I walked, an amiable doggy trotted along beside me. At one place, where I presume there was a territorial dispute, doggy went along for ten yards or so in the ditch. At another, a bitch bounded out with half a dozen puppies, and when I’d made a fuss of them and told her how clever she was, she took them in again. Now I come to think of it, this was probably a roadside sales pitch.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t want a border collie unless I had some work for it to do. If they start rounding up the local schoolchildren it can be embarrassing.

6 Likes