Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

Were you a beautiful bride Armers?

6 Likes

More beautiful than you can imagine.

8 Likes

A vision in a tulle veil with baby’s breath wreath. And size 12 Oxfords.

7 Likes

…asked (…despite the fact that I don’t really give a rat’s arse about it!)

…so who’s TrypeWriter was responsible for tonight’s MiddenScrapings?

(note to SFX: “…cut the bloody coconuts, fer Christ’s sake!”)

4 Likes

Gillian Richmond.

4 Likes

[Professor Jimus?]oops! my bad! (…not sure of this will work! …here goes!)

3 Likes

Next time just move it?

4 Likes

Not sure you can without Awesome Mod Powers.

4 Likes

…TheKaledonianKlown introduced him as “Mister Jim Lloyd”, so is he a prof. or isn’t he? (…millions and millions of listeners want to know!)

…as for the rest of the scrapings, well, Ms. Gillian Richmond, a word to the wise, don’t quit yer day job! (…oh, it is your day job! …you poor, poor mis-guided sod!)

…thank Christ that’s out of the way!

Edit: Note to the mods, sorry but this should have been one of “Sturmey’s Slipped Cogs”, profuse apologies (…heads off to NortyStep! :cry: )
…so feel free to scrape it up and assign it to the appropriate trash-bin!

[Your wish is our command! - Joe, donning Modly Titfer]

6 Likes

I didn’t notice the ‘Mister’ Lloyd but I did think Jazzer should have shut up and not shushed everyone and let Jim get on with playing. Turning everyone’s attention to him as he had a second go at the piece could have been the last straw. OK it wasn’t but still …

6 Likes

You are absolutely right, Sturmers: hie thee to the slipped cogs.

5 Likes

And those powers have now been wielded!

6 Likes

…Ooooh! @joe, ta awfully! :kissing_heart: :heart_eyes::hugs:

5 Likes

Spewk. Thassorl.

Oh, and can someone eviscerate joy with a rusty teaspoon? Ideally on Kirsty’s rug that has replaced the one Lexi burst over.

5 Likes

This evenings episode really was bilge. I am getting rather bored with mawkish scenes of reconciliation; and why the blue thundering blazes has nobody told Jake and Mia that the only home they knew for ten years or so no longer belongs to their stepfather and they can never go back there?

(It would be too much to expect anyone to point out that if they had not run away in the cowardly manner that they did, that would not have happened…)

7 Likes

Are we surprised? Not, I suspect, if we’ve looked up this week’s writer.

Perhaps we’d better not tell Sturmers.

6 Likes

I suspect he may guess…

6 Likes

…heh! Just about to load up a pipe of “Dreams of Kadath” (…one for all the Lovecraft Aficionados out there) - sounds like it might be singularly appropriate! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: (…still waiting for the wireless to warm up!) :thinking:

5 Likes

…mmmm, how true! (…well you did warn me!)

…OMG this is truly dire! (…dire, dire, dire, dire, dire)

Moaney: “Joy! …don’t let the door hit your planet-sized arse on the way out!”

…c’mon howz about a large explowshun as one of them vireworks goes wrang!

“KERBOOOOOOOOOOM!” (…please!)

5 Likes

Yes, it would have been only polite to have the Pore-Little-Mite taken out by a dodgy rocket or similar.
They have no respect for their audience. Pah!

7 Likes