Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

Gosh, isn’t it? At least Jazzer had the grace to admit he’d got it wrong at times. Now Shula is confirmed in her good opinion of the way she treated Jim.

7 Likes

That and anyone asking any sort of relationship advice from Helen, least of all Tracy who doesn’t really know her…

I shall now go and rend my garments a bit.

6 Likes

I notice Helen didn’t admit that Lee’s girls hated her on sight. Must I be fair and say that the same might have happened with anyone Lee was seeing and that it wasn’t because it was Helen?

8 Likes

No.

HTH :wink:

7 Likes

Thank you Gus. That was indeed a question expecting the answer ‘no’.

6 Likes

…ah, yesssssssssssssssss!

…I think I love the sound of its condition (…'speshully when I’m listening to TA!! :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::roll_eyes::wink: )

3 Likes

“I’ll tell you a thing I wish I’d known in my last relationship: Opinel No. 10, high-carbon blade.”

6 Likes

Wednesday’s ScrapeFest:

HellQueen’s advice to Tracee: "…make sure you remember to keep your knives sharp!"

What the hell has happened to mAlice’s voice? (…sounds a bit deep, wot?)

…and as for the bloody script/poetry/doggerel ? Who in Christ’s name was reponsible for this load of SewageOfTheSolidKind?

…ah well, (…switches over to cat-TV, and calls) “FatMan! …yer programme is on!” :open_mouth::roll_eyes::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::grimacing::grimacing:

7 Likes

13 is more fun…

5 Likes

The bit Brian read out was from The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran, 1923.
The music was “Forever Young”, Bob Dlyan, Planet Waves.

6 Likes

Bit of a shitty thing to do to Brian, really.

6 Likes

I rather like The Profit

A young merchant pushed through the throng asking,
What is Money?

The Master spoke:
Do not ply your wares beneath an avocado tree.
Do what you must with forked pleasure but never encrust a seed that is destined to rule the forest of men’s minds.

But what has that to do with Money, Master? the young merchant asked.

The elixir of life is like an earthworm’s touch to a rose’s sweetness or a length of thread as spurned by the very magnetism of Eartzil, the Master replied.

I understand, the young merchant exclaimed.

You do? the Master replied.

6 Likes

I particularly liked:

Arguments with furniture are rarely productive.

6 Likes

…thanks for the enlightening link!
:thinking:
(…and I am reminded of once again that "Brevity is The Soul of Wit")
:neutral_face::wink:

5 Likes

Turdsday’s excitement: (…should have read excrement¹)!

¹ - but I haven’t worked out how to do them fancy strike-throughs yet! (@joe ?)

Roy questions himself:
“…er, um How many beans make five?”

…any suggestions, c’mon chaps let’s try to help out a poor wota-maker?

OMG! Jakob has just lorst it! (…what a prize twat!)

Woy? JointBestMan? Haaaahaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaaa! Bloodyhaaaaaaa! :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat:

5 Likes

Should have had Maurice, erstwhile Best Joint Man.

Or was that Freddie…?

6 Likes

Friday (…already! :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: ):

Mongo is one of my most favouritest characters of all time (…not from TA I hasten to add!)

…would you recommend continuing with tonight’s scrapings?

Oooooohhhhhhhhhh! FagAsh & SneffnySniffles, fight! …fight! …fight! …fight …fight! (…my $$$ is on FagAsh! …well, she’s about 3 times the size of SS! :wink:

4 Likes

After picking it to pieces, I decided that I quite enjoyed it.

7 Likes

…so did I! …after it finished! :roll_eyes: :neutral_face::smirk:

5 Likes

Sunday’s Sludge:

FagAsh: “Mongo will have forgotten what I look like!”

RestofWorld: “…lucky kid! …but don’t worry, he’ll still recognize you by your smell!” :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

Overall observation: Multiple instances of both FagAsh & J’leen, Ambridge’s prime pair of slags¹, I’m not sure which of those two I would rather never hear again… (…thorts or comments anyone?)

¹ I must admit that at one point, I almost started feeling sorry for TheBoyKenton & JustDim, but the feeling soon passed, and I feel better now! :roll_eyes::no_mouth::no_mouth::wink:

5 Likes