Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

CRASH!

Yes, monstrous script indeed!

tinkle tinkle tinkle!!!

5 Likes

I’m more concerned about the nightmares I’m going to have over La Snell’s collection of BDM gear…

5 Likes

Sunday’s sludge:

…the planer-voiced, biscuit scoffing Krate, turbo-whine of SniffneySnells, then mAlice!

…better watch out Jakob, no bathing when the RedFlags are flying!

…oh, now we have the MostHolyFreddeee trying convince SuperJohnny to take his (Freddee’s) advice?

…someone, please remind me exactly what does Krate know about child-rearing?

…going into the barber and asking for “a number 2”? :thinking::thinking: “…sure, it’s through there, please turn the fan on, and don’t forget to flush when you’re done!”

…sounds like FreddyThePusher is about to get into the business again! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking::thinking::thinking::wink:

4 Likes

Don’t they usually get them from the SWs?

6 Likes

< Lotte Lenya voice > ‘You’ve got no hair, Johnny’ < /Lotte Lenya voice >

Actually, "You’re a slaphead, Johnny’ works quite well to the opening line. I should know, I’ve been singing it for days… And this is why it is GOOD I live alone. The cat doesn’t, in this instance, count.

6 Likes

Since Freddie was unable to see what the problem was, it’s probably not all that serious.

Sturmers, it is Freddie. Not Freddy. It’s easy to remember: the twins spell their names differently, and one difference is that Lily has a Y, Freddie has an IE.

4 Likes

Just think of it as stylistic authenticity, Gus…

6 Likes

Monday is SludgeDay!

AliPali (…to Yoko): “…can you make sure the HeadYoke is nice and snug!”

AliPali: “…is the back-gate done up properly? We’re gonna need the side-door open!”

…my mind has just been boggled!

(SFX: Sturmey’s mind being boggled!)

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::open_mouth::open_mouth:

…oooohhhhhhh, nooooooooooooooooooooooo! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::no_mouth::no_mouth:

5 Likes

I noticed and disliked the casual ‘Good on them!’ (or equivalent approbatory phrase: I wasn’t paying full attention as there was some slightly damp paint and also a glass of something in the vicinity) from cloaca maxima when the wondrousness of the young Pike-perch was outlined to him by the foul Tracy. It would be nice if just one person were to have a ‘WTF?’ reaction or raise some concerns about the ethics of surrogacy. Too much to hope for that Ambridge’s Very Own Nice Boys’ fitness as parents would be questioned, I long ago gave up hoping for that. Not on the grounds of their sexuality, but of their ages. And professions.
Oh and the fact that they are Adam and Ian and I wouldn’t trust either of ‘em mindin’ mice, but one can scarcely expect the SWs to think that way, unfortunately

7 Likes

Monday’s Sludgefest:

…yes, there’s more… :grimacing:

Krate is nearly 42¹ and so should be just about ready for the climacteric? (…new word wot I just learned)

Krate (to mAlice, re. Jakob): “I gave him his freedom!” (…well, if she hadn’t, Jakob was bound to have escaped one way or another (…digging a tunnel, putting a dummy in the bed (Krate most probably would never notice), constructing an escape glider using toilet-roll-centres, …that’s enuff escape-plans! - Ed)

(…reaches for phone…)

¹ coincidentally - The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything…

4 Likes

‘Giving him his freedom’ … how very Kate that was. All of this faux self knowledge and all she really did was exactly what she wanted to do without bothering to ask Jakob what he wanted.

6 Likes

To be fair, nor would we.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::laughing::laughing::laughing:

5 Likes

Tuedsday’s Sludge:

…as Dorothy Parker might have put it: “…what fresh hell is this?”:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::roll_eyes::no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

5 Likes

…just waded through to the end of it! Two words come to mind…

GORDON BENNETT!!!

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Aye, but I imagine she might have put it without quite so much Yellow…

Tonight’s left me feeling very queasy, tbh. Oh, the usual irritated and contemptuous as well, natch, but mainly queasy. At some stage, if I CBA, I might expand on that.
How’re the windows, dere? And, more importantly, the Cellmates?

6 Likes

…thanks for asking! Winders almost unnecessary with outside temps in 50-60F today (a record for Feb!) …as for cell-mates, MrFatMan is slowly becoming a KittyTVAddict (I recently discovered cat-TV programmes on youtube, and whenever I fire up the old SteamPC, he leaps in front of the screen and won’t let me switch it orf! The other cell-mate (MrGeorgie, a.k.a. FatterMan) is in the bedroom snoozin’ (his main occupation ( I think he has to get his 23 hours!)) :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Paddypaws liked that kind of thing. Possibly the sweetest cat ever issued, he was.
FatterMan has the right idea, imo. And I am glad you’re not catchin’ yer death, although record temps aren’t a good thing, exactly, speaking generally.

7 Likes

Or as they’re known in TA, continuity staff. Definitely not a good thing…

6 Likes

Oh dear gods, the repulsive Shula’s interfering in something which was none of her damn business at all has been validated.

It is to puke…

7 Likes