Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

Tuedsday’s Grundge:

…note to SFX Engineer: Fer Christ’s sake sort out the close-micing of the drink guzzling, and the pouring thereof (…see also larst noight’s scrapings, Krate & Jakob)

Later: FagAsh & StShuggs “cackle cackle cackle cackle cackle” “…preach preach preach, cackle preach!”

…sod this for a game of soldiers!

…CRASH (…tinkle tinkle tinkle!)

5 Likes

Oh dear, another radio lobbed through the window? You must be running out of windows. And radios.

7 Likes

…I have a deal with the local glazier!

…wirelesses are cheaper by the dozen!

:smirk::neutral_face:

7 Likes

Well that was bilge, darlings, wasn’t it?

5 Likes

Yes.

5 Likes

Utterly rancid water with a few green bits in it.

4 Likes

I suspect another of Sturmey’s radios has been lobbed through the window. Will he ever learn to keep it open?

6 Likes

Bungee radio?

6 Likes

This is what you need (from New Scientist 26/11/88):

5 Likes

but joe, where’s the fun in that. Sturmers seems to relish the tinkling glass SFX. Hold on - a solution presents itself. Some device implanted in the missile to emit stock ‘brick through a greenhouse’ noise on impact.

BREAKING (ahem!) NEWS: 75% of New Hampshire glaziers seek Chapter 11 relief

5 Likes

Joe, I’ve seen a version of this sold in the USA - a foam brick which you’d programme from your TV remote. (Sometime in the mid 1990s probably.)

5 Likes

Wednesday’s feebleocity:

…just about as bad as any of the recent scrapings, although I was particularly disappointed at the failure of SW to use the obviously (…at least to this listener) humorous situation of LaSnell chaining herself to the pub sign by explaining it away as her hubby chaining her to the sign in order to be certain of her whereabouts, a splendid solution for which I must give credit to Mark Evans (“Bleak Expectations”)

3 Likes

I was once given a foam brick for throwing at televisions.

I didn’t have a television.

Oops.

5 Likes

Didn’t it work with radio? The original simply cut the power.

4 Likes

…all this talk of bricks, reminds me of an ancient episode of “The Burkiss Way” which is set in Greyfriars School (supposedly) and featured many splendid characters “…I say, Bob (Bob Cherry, voiced by Jo Kendal), is there something wrong with your chest?”
…anyone else remember that one? (…such splendid writing, sadly missed! :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow: )

3 Likes

February 20th Turdsday’s Turdisisations:

Wot did J’Leen offer SniffySnell “…I’ll offer you a nice (…sounded like “a cupped fist”) if you like?” …surely a clenched fist would have been more appropriate? …bunch o’ fives? …belt in the kisser? (…about bloody time if you ask me!)

Edwierd offers to give Gav/Philf a hand! (…wiv Emmur?) (…heh, heh, heh!)

Oh Gawd, more cackles and sniffs, buggeration and sodding Archers …poop! poop! poop!

"…I’m sure you are, Ed, but you’re, you’re a… …you’re a… Grundgie! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: "

2 Likes

OMG! What a slag! (FagAsh of course!)

SFX: Fer Christ’s sake sort out the close-miced slurpin’ and scoffin’

…yes, a vertitible SLAG!

…thassorl! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

A nice cooked breakfast, sadly. A fist sounds far more suitable.

6 Likes

What unutterable piffle tonight’s offering was. Lost count of the FFSs within the first third.

Oh, and the car wasn’t Josh’s to sell (seems to make a habit of that kind of thing, dunn’ee? Christ, they can’t keep track of things for a few months in succession). What are these writers/the editor paid, again?

5 Likes

“piffle”. Yes, indeed! Yet another missed opportunity for humour… …how could RobertTheDumb tell the difference between a waxworks dummy and SneffnySniffles?
…and now Friday’s cackle-fest!

Wrong word, Jimmus, I think the word is not “vanity” but “gullibility” :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

3 Likes