Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

…I agree with you 100%, but that doesn’t mean I have to like the characters! I have great respect for both actrixes¹, in fact I hope they get the satisfaction of a job very well done, if they ever stoop to read some of the comments posted hereabouts about their characters!

¹ see an old comment re. the female form of the noun “aviator” (…and by inference “actor”)

6 Likes

I quite like Lynda - she has a heart of gold unlike the Hellqueen and Radio

Pip is obnoxious

Lillian and Jolene are too similar for their scenes to be anything but caricature

9 Likes

Why not just call them actors? I believe that is the preferred form these days.

7 Likes

In the interests of research, I watched/listened to part of Corrie with Louiza Patikas.

I needed a strong drink afterwards, as the voice was pure Helen…

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Your noble sacrifice in the cause of Research (sorry, reee-search) has been noted and commended, Dahlink.
Cheers!

7 Likes

…because they are female, and if we were in France there would be no problem at all!

4 Likes

… but there is. Sheer professionalism should mean that taking over an existing character, with an available back-story, warrants the new actor to be as aware as possible of that history.

… & yes Janie. I’m not one of the "isn’t LP a wonderful actress’ brigade.

6 Likes

Wodensday’s disappointment:

Wot? …a broken kitchen winder with NO SFX! (…not even a teeny-weeny one! (…say it ain’t so!)) :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::disappointed_relieved:

…well, we’ll soon fix that!

CRASH! …tinkle tinkle tinkle! (…ah, that’s better!)

6 Likes

No SFX, please, we’re Borsetshireian.

6 Likes

https://www.fesliyanstudios.com/soundeffects-download.php?id=5659

Here you go.

7 Likes

Thanks!

…I was thinking more of something like…

6 Likes

`Suis pas. Mais il y a toujours des problèmes.

5 Likes

Turdsday’s Excrescence:

SneffnySniffles: “This week has been one disaster after another!”

(…she must be referring to the scripts, of course!)

Ah, Vinder’s Maul …one of Darth’s relatives I daresay, I would think just off the by-pass, perhaps? :no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::roll_eyes:

Stop Press:

I was hoping for some SFX of various firearms/shot-gubs etc. as HR¹H Prince Harry & his chums were spending some time laying waste the local wildlife including the RedKites in the vicinity & foxes & badgers & gamekeepers etc. etc.

¹ ooops, my bad, I guess it must be HFRH (His FormerlyRoyal Highness) after Granma’s recent edict!

…and anyway, how come we’ve never heard mention of this wonderful place with all the spectacular views (of seven counties) before? (…sez this listener since the mid 1950s)

…sounds like folly to me, folly indeed!

4 Likes

Where would North Borsetshire have to be to see seven counties from it?

6 Likes

The ISS?

5 Likes

If one assumes it to be Worcestershire, six is quite possible if you count ‘West Midlands’, ie Brum, as a county in its own right- Salop, Staffs, Warwickshire, Herefordshire, Gloucs + WM. And since this excrescence is on an eminence, then not beyond the bounds of possibility that you could see some of the pointier bits of Wales as well.

I am more exercised by another issue, namely the symbolic significance of the Red Kites ;- )

5 Likes

That too “places” Borsetshire, doesn’t it.

5 Likes

I thought it was widely acknowledged to be Worcestershire, or is that just something I’ve made up to my own satisfaction?

5 Likes

I think it has never been said by the BBC.

4 Likes

If we try the traditional counties, which is the sort of thing an ageing scriptie might be thinking of:

then Worcs (pink) is surrounded by Salop, Staffs, Warks, Glos. and Herefordshire. Oxon. would be pushing it a bit.

5 Likes