Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

While I don’t want to dwell too much on that, yes!

8 Likes

Wait till Pip fesses up to having negotiated Chloe’s affection with cold hard cash

And Jill hears about it

8 Likes

just listened. You took the very words right out of my mouth.

Well, there may have been a few extra adjectives…

7 Likes

Some of them were new even to me ;- )

7 Likes

Sits back to wait for the published list of novel adjectives…

We may need them

7 Likes

`Well, this feels very Wrong. Friday night, with no TA. I am clearly a creature of habit, because I wouldn’t have said I look forward to the broadcasts, exactly - and after last night’s you really won’t need to puzzle too hard about that - but it is Something Missing.

It’s been an odd day altogether, and not particularly pleasant, and that is perhaps exacerbating the feeling of Wrongness.

7 Likes

And all they seem to have done is stretch out Front Row for an extra 12½ minutes…

6 Likes

Obviously in the interests of National Morale.

Undermining it.

6 Likes

I thought TA was doing a good job of that already.

6 Likes

…well I’m thinking my winders are v. relieved about that!
(…exits humming: “Always look on the bright side of life!”)

5 Likes

It dies strike me as a particularly odd ‘solution’. If losing one a werk then the Sunday one would be the logical one.

8 Likes

…but surely (Shirley) Saturday would be the logical choice (…for TPTB)?

6 Likes

Oh, behave! Ideally ‘Behave somebody sensible!’ as one of our number is wont to remark, instructions to me to behave myself being not necessarily conducive to the common weal.

5 Likes

It did, didn’t it? There is a feeling of Wrongness about everything at the moment. No Archers on Friday will also make it even harder than it is already to keep track of what day it actually is, I think. I’ve lost my grip on that altogether with TFD working from home over the last couple of weeks.

7 Likes

There’s no midday repeat of the Friday episode so slightly less disruption to the rest of the schedule. Any of the others would mean two slots to fill

Mind you, if it meant they could repeat some of the old hour-long Afternoon Plays…

6 Likes

Sunday’s Scrapings:

Request to the SWs: "Please oh, please, less (much less) of TheSmells. The actors were pretty good, but the script is absolute shyte! …and please can you fit that bloody Joy character with a sodding volume-control! (…our collective ears deserve it!) (…see previous Larson cartoon!)

…er, that’s it!

5 Likes

I think you’d need a bit more than just a volume control…

5 Likes

…I’ll raise you a Tsar Bomba:

5 Likes

Ach leave Joy alone

She is a lonely soul who will in time be a pillar of the community

She is kind and up for any sort of fun - anyone who can keep up with da yoof as they are out for a night is a good sort

5 Likes

There’s a reason for that.

6 Likes