Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

Nor here. A friend of mine who lived in the same house for twenty years found that for the last eight or so of those his car purchases were severely constrained by what had been an entirely adequate garage in the early days. (And he drives normal cars, not topplewagons.)

5 Likes

Not encountered that problem - but then I’ve only lived in two houses that had garages. What we do have to suffer is people insisting on driving (I use the term loosely) reckon’ great 4x4 monstrosities on roads designed for (at most) an ass and cart.

Now I think of it, that pretty much describes them, too…

5 Likes

I seem to have a rather prudish spillchucker…

5 Likes

…ah! on this side of t’Pond, there are many vehicles with such scars, mostly on their bows and sterns… …mostly caused by Braille Parking!

3 Likes

…here you are! Visual proof!

4 Likes

That’s Skill, that is.

5 Likes

Either that or Desperation.

5 Likes

Carinthia Towers has a double length garage, but isn’t very wide.

I have to turn in the mirrors & breathe in when putting the car away!

There is a strip of old carpet fastened to the house wall to protect the driver’s door when I wriggle out!

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

…ooooooohhhhhh nooooooooo! Yoko!
…and now Peggggooooiiiii!!!

…me winders don’t deserve this amount of abuse!!!

…now HooootNaaaannnnyyyyyyyy!!!

…CRASH! tinkle! …tinkle!

5 Likes

EeeeK sex education from Jill!

Ben must be affronted and squirming

I am…

8 Likes

That episode was very cringemaking all round.

8 Likes

If you mean Lynda, you could well be right.

7 Likes

…my to mention the damage to moi winders!

7 Likes

It scored very highly on the F***offometer, that’s for sure.
It’s hard to work out whether Rooth, Peep or Jillll is the most obnoxious. And why is Ruth so worried all of a sudden? Her daughter is already the village slapper, Josh imported a squeeze to the house with no by-your-leave to anyone, so why the big deal about an eighteen-year-old staying out all night?
And their conversations about ‘precau’ions’ (OK, I know Ruth didn’t use the word, but still) would better have been directed at Pip. Years ago.

7 Likes

…and not one single mention of TheRosieSproggette (…not that I’m complaining) but surely (Shirley) one might have thort first thing on Granny’s & GurtGranny’s minds might have been PoopSquit’s booby!

6 Likes

Please choose your words more carefully, Sturmers.
Anyway, the brat must be weaned by now - unless it is stuck under one of the ewes from time to time.

8 Likes

What a horrid episode. I really, really disliked the way Ben and Josh were talking about Chloe. Down with that sort of thing!

8 Likes

Ruth was most obnoxious, because she was vile to Josh about his sibling having stayed out all night, but said never a word about it to the older Pip, who if she was expecting them to police Ben surely ought to have been more to blame, being older and the driver.

8 Likes

She clearly isn’t too particular, Janie, so I wouldn’t worry about it.
How do I know she isn’t too particular? She shagged the spotty oik Ben, that’s how.

8 Likes

Well I hope right now she’s telling all her friends how hopeless Ben was in the sack. Yes, I know that wouldn’t make her any better but serve him right anyway.

8 Likes