Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

Sturmers, they had six episodes written and recorded for last week and this. Then they were told that only five per week would be broadcast. This means that there was an episode left over at the end of last week, which was broadcast on Sunday; next week there will be two, because not only will one have carried over from the week before, but one will not be used in the week for which it was originally intended. Luckily for them, they only had about three weeks’ recording in hand when the edict was passed saying they had to cut the number of episodes broadcast.

This means that each week for the time being will have two casts of actors, two writers, and two directors, because the left-over days won’t have the same ones as the week-after days.

4 Likes

Wodensday’s Wobegone Wubbish!:

Freddy & WidderBeth’s slurpy conversation! (…ughhhh!)

Squire Aldridge & mAdam! (…ughhhh!)

Emmmuuuurrrrr & Fallopian! (…urghhhhh!)

Squire Aldridge & mAdam! (…double-urghhhhh!!)

…question: Exactly what does it say in the box for “Mother” on BeltSander’s burf-cerstificate?

…more Widderbeth & FreddyTheLag (…urghhhhh!…urghhhhh!…urghhhhh!…urghhhhh!)

4 Likes

Turdsday’s Scrapage:

The village needs more "daft"
…scripts not cutting it then?

TheSmellWomun (wiv’ Krate): “…I can’t think of anything I’d like better!” (…the listeners must remember that Lynda has led a very sheltered life and it looks like the haksident has has an effect on her brain) …oh, she’s only just noticed that Robert is "so annoying"! (…Q.E.D)

…ooops, I just remembered something, gotta go! Toodle pip!!!

4 Likes

Faraday Arpul Turd:

…seemed to have missed it! …so tell me, avid listernators, did I miss anything?? (…judging by the rest of the week’s scrapings, I would say “I doubt it!”:neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::thinking::thinking::smirk::smirk::wink:

3 Likes

You missed nothing, because The Archers is not being broadcast on Fridays at the moment.

6 Likes

Well, that’s one-sixth of the way there…

6 Likes

…yes indeed, and I was just curious as to whether anyone noticed! :thinking::thinking::thinking::neutral_face::neutral_face::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

3 Likes

Sunday’s Scrapeage:

…WobertSmell (…still in his nu-character) pleading with Lee? (…as if! :roll_eyes:)

Summing Up:
What a load of C.O.D.D.swallop! (…see what I did there?)

(…thank Gawd that we’re only having to scrape 5 times/week!)

3 Likes

MondayFunday’s swill:

(note to SW ProductionEngineers): less “shrill” on PoopSquit’s microphone channel if you please!

Woy to be whacked? (…sounds like A Good Thing to me!)

…er, thasorl! :expressionless::expressionless::thinking::neutral_face::smirk:

3 Likes

Wednesday’s Scrapins:

…I’m just about to LA, so tell me will it be a woeful experience? or will the scraping bear the fruit of 13+ minutes of due diligence and resulting enlightenment, or just a couple of wheel-barrows full of the usual shyte? …better be quick folks, Sturmey’s pipe is all stoked up and ready to be ignited (…but not in a GayGormanghastlyKitchenish sort of way (…he hastily added!))

Quick edit:

How’s about:
WotaWoy, in a rare attempt to be sensitive and nice, tells CryspyLynda¹ that

1. as far as he’s concerned, he hasn’t noticed any difference to how she looked before her new face-lift
  2. he thinks her “nu-look” is a vast improvement! (…and think how useful her look will be come next Halloween! :scream::scream::scream::scream:

(…note here from FatMan: "Plees xcooose Sturmee’s extremeeeely bad-taste in the jokage de;prtmnt. He has a veeiiry weiiiird sence of umor! (…espechulllleee at moment as I just took a dump in his 'ob-nailed clogggggs cuz he woodent switch to cat-TV insted of this Harcherish Garbiage! Meeeeeeeeeooooooooow! :imp::imp::imp::poop::poop::poop::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

¹ or perhaps it should be CynderSnell (…or CynderSnella) (…one for TheList? (O FyshyWan?))

4 Likes

I might just grab them both. Thanks.

4 Likes

Turdsday - scrape, scrape, scrape:

Jesus wept! Robert & OllieFoxBrush moping over the spot where CynderSnella was re-modelled (…in a Dresdenish sort of way!) (…thinks to self: “…did nobody think of making a quick video on their phone, and sharing? …c’mon, this is the 21st Century!”)

…Gawd, this is dire! (…reaches for the extra rolls of loo-paper recently hoarded! …scrape, scrape! …wipe, wipe, wipe!)

3 Likes

CynderSnella = pure genius

I love it!

4 Likes

Thank you Twellsy dere, :blush::blush::blush:

…pauses to light pipe and contemplate what this GoodFriday might bring!

(…stands up straight, arms outstretched, head on one side, and thinks: “…wot a way to spend Easter!!!”)

(…and FatMan thinks: “…not again! …I told you he’s weeeird!”)

(…and God thinks: “…wottchit Sturmey!” (…takes careful aim with thunderbolt))

:confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded:

6 Likes

This day brought gifts from afar to me

6 Likes

Galway ?

6 Likes

Nah - from our nearest village…

6 Likes

So no gold, frankincense or myrrh then?

8 Likes

No and no donkeys or camels

7 Likes