Sturmey Archer’s Slipped Cogs

Ah! @JustJanie that reminds me of what I consider to be the most brilliant piece of comedic writing in the history of TheWorld! (…I use this as general antidote to most TA scripts)

6 Likes

Ordering for the cabin is another excellent scene in that film. And the flats going up and down.

6 Likes

Sturmers, that’s exactly what I was thinking of too!

5 Likes

I doubt Russ knows the meaning of the word.

The SWs certainly don’t.

6 Likes

Maybe the whole problem is actually down to misunderstanding?

The SWs are given briefs, but confuse them with pants.

6 Likes

and proceed to wear them on their heads.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Demetrius? …never 'eard of 'im! …which one is he? Oh, he must be the one wearing the mask!

…ho hum, so much for the Spode …and the Wedgwood! …not to mention the Minton! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :unamused:

6 Likes

Sunday December 1st: So let me guess who wrote this: Enid Blyton?

OMG! I heard at least two "Hello you two!"s

Pheeble’s voice is just about perfect for removing ear-wax!

Why am I still listening to this cack?

Why indeed? (…see up thread)

Ssshhhhh! What was Joshy doing in his bedroom when Yoko interrupted him? (…inquiring minds want to know!) (…listen closely around 10:50, just as Yoko knocks…) - Eh, Joshy, keep doing that and you’ll go blind! (…so I guess it’s not Enid Blyton, then! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)
(…and it might just go to prove my original suspicion that young Joshy is turning out to be a bit of a wanker!) :thinking:

4 Likes

Friday December 6th:

Bestest line I heard in tonight’s scrapings:
BaconBoy (to PolPat re. JohnnyWunderkind): “…looking back, when I was his age, I reckon I could have done with being taken out…”
RestofWorld: "Yesss! …if only! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :smirk: :roll_eyes: "

9 Likes

When Tom was Johnny’s age, he was busy having a wonderful time winning the single wicket, going out with Kirsty and running his sausage and hamburger van.

8 Likes

Sunday December 8th scrapings (most apposite line):

HellQueen (for it is she) to Lee (…who he?): “…the marriage was ugly and twisted on the inside!”
RestofWorld: “…ah, just like you then, HellQueen!”

Lee (…oh, that Lee!): "…I’m not sure what to say!"

RoW: “…how’s about "…s’cuse me! …I’m late for a KarachiClash! …gotta go! …GOODBYE!"?”

6 Likes

Tuedsday December 10th, scrape scrape scrape!

Wait! …what was found among FlatNigel’s things?

ProfJimus: “…we’re supposed to be thinking of how we can use her!”

(…now why did this vision come floating across this rather perverted imagination?)

:thinking::thinking::thinking::smirk: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If we could tell you that, dere, we would charge $600 an hour, +/-

5 Likes

Aksherly dere, this was supposed to be a rhetermorical questionerashun! …but thanks anyway

…spontaneous magic time? Good Gawd! Nurse, nurse! …sick bucket! …large! …please!!! :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Wednesday: "Scrape, scrape, scrape…"

DopeyDave: “…our customers haven’t complained so far! Mmmmmmffffff, scap, grooonfff chew!!”
WidderBeth: “…oh, customers? - how many so far, Dave? …eh? …eh??”

(…if only! :disappointed:)

5 Likes

December 12th - Turdsday’s Turdish Offerings:

…and there was me hoping that it would be:
Joy (…to Moaney): “…oh dear, Toneeeee! (…sniff sniff) …oi’m pregnant!”

Lee: (…to HellQueen): “…you were so into me!”

RestOfWorld: (…thinking): "…and HQ thinking to herself - "…and I want you to be so into… (…the rest of this rather personal thort by HellQueen has been censored for the well-being of those readers with a sensitive disposition and lacking anything resembling a sense of humour - Ed)

Oh dear, a flying-jacket! (…as if!) (…and as my old Dad might have put it, after I (in my teens) bought a (then, most fashionable) Donkey-Jacket (…remember those?) “…actually I think that thing would have looked better if you’d left it on the donkey!!!”)

…which begs the question "Do flies wear flying-jackets?"
:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

It really doesn’t, old bean: it invites it.

6 Likes

…I stand corrected, but my excuse is that I’ve had so few invites, but am always begging, so in my advanced years I’ve almost forgotten the precise difference!

(…however I do lurve pedants, even the revolting ones!)

6 Likes

yeahright,. But you still seem to have the main typing fingers after the cellmate manicure, so that’s a result. Had a bit of a wrangle with my own incumbent over the emery board tonight. He was chewing it, not using it on his scimitars paws.
Couple of questions for you

1. How old do you think Joy is?
  2. At what age, roughly, do you think human females cease to be fertile?
7 Likes