That Archers Who's Who idea

Elizabeth should be entertaining, shouldn’t she?

2 Likes

Predictably frightful, really. There is such a lot of Elizabeth: she has been around since forever and she is always getting involved in things…

1 Like

Hmm, yes, sympathies.

2 Likes

I have finished Ed Grundy, and printed out the nine pages to proof-read in bed.

I was right; it was boring.

Eddie is next in the list, which will be even worse. And I forgot that Emma is in E as well as Elizabeth. Argh.

Someone remind me why I am doing this mad thing?

4 Likes

Um, might I refer you to your post of March 8th

We know who to blame, then, the utter rotter and ratbag. Admiring your diligence in a slightly worried manner here.

4 Likes

Sigh.

You’re right, of course.

Eddie is starting well:
“Eddie was slow to start in life, not learning to walk until he was two-and-a-half years old, but he was not slow to quit the farm, in which he felt no interest. Shortly after his mother’s death he left home to go and deal in scrap metal in Gloucester, failed at that, then in 1977 came closer to home to work for Hollerton Plant Hire, but was sacked for fiddling and forced back to work for his father Joe, milking the twenty Grange Farm cows at a wage of thirty pounds a week. His dream was of success as a country-and-western singer/songwriter, and he was besotted with a singer called Dolly Treadgold, to whom he became engaged in 1979; he realised just in time that she was too interested in comparing him with other men for his comfort, and called the wedding off the day before the ceremony.”

I had forgotten that he left his first intended bride as near-as-dammit at the altar.

4 Likes

Aaaah. But not actually, y’know AT the altar !!!

2 Likes

Purely in a spirit of spreading alarm and despondency, Fanta, how often will this magnum opus be updated?

SFX of Gus running away very quickly indeed

1 Like

Daily, Gus, daily. Or as often as anything of any importance happens.

1 Like

There’s dedicated. No, truly, it is.
Slinking back (chastened) to my cage seems a good move at this point. Only I’m sort of snarling with rage at tonight’s episode, not with disappointment.,

2 Likes

Could it not be made a wiki? Don’t see why one person should be lumbered with the entire burden.

1 Like

I’m enjoying it, honestly. Maybe when the framework is in place I’ll shout for help, but right now it is taking my mind off the sundries which are messing with my head.

1 Like

I have finished Eddie, and will be proofing that entry shortly. After him there are some short-and-easy entries, Eddie (a different Eddie, without a surname), Edgar Titcombe (easy peasy), Mr Edwards, two Eileens, an Elaine, three random Elizabeths; then Elizabeth Pargetter and may the Lord have mercy on my soul. The only thing to be said in Elizabeth Pargetter’s favour is that if I could do (and have done) Dan and David and Doris, I can probably manage her… She will be one of the longest, along with Shula, Phil, Jill and the like, because she has been around more-or-less all her life and she unlike Kenton and Adam didn’t go away for ten or more years. Oh, and that the only other long E at the moment is Emma, and there is only sixteen years of her to do.

Onward and upward!

(I am going on putting progress reports so that I will be shamed if I stop, you understand.)

4 Likes

Who will be your last character? There was a Zebedee Tring, wasn’t there? Anyone further down the alphabet than that?

Just saw that was three questions in a row and thought of ‘Father William’: “I have answered three questions and that is enough,” said his father, “Don’t give yourself airs. Do you think I can listen all day to such stuff? …”

2 Likes

At the moment it will be Zoe Freeman, but they may introduce a character called Zuleika any time, who knows?

2 Likes

Don’t forget Zofia

4 Likes

be damned. I had forgotten Zofia. Thanks, Joe!

Mind you, she won’t be getting her entry until I have finished the ones for TBoTA and TAE, so it will be a while yet before I even write her template.

2 Likes

Er, who?

1 Like

I think we should give you extra work and insist on you compiling the list in surname order. :smiling_imp:

So any after Woodford, Martha?

3 Likes

She was the wife of Robin Freeman, Gus.

Oh, you mean Zofia?

One of the pickers in 2011. Harry and Jazzer both fancied her. She thought they were a gay couple because they were always together when she saw them.

1 Like