That horse picture

I thought Leonardo of Smarm (does anyone else imagine him with gleaming dentures?) bottled it, knowing that any attempt at a horse-daub would look more like a picnic table, thus demonstrating a degree of self-awareness well above the local average.
So what was the picture Gnasher was gushing about? A subterfuge or a continuity error?

4 Likes

I thought the same. The writer is Adrian Flynn. I donā€™t know how reliable he usually is, but heā€™s been around a while.

5 Likes

So have I been around a while, Dahlink, but it doesnā€™t make me reliable :- )

6 Likes

I was also surprised by this, unless Jill and Leonard have hatched a cunning plan to hide the fact he canā€™t paint and are buying in more ringersā€¦ although, unfortunately, more likely the writer didnā€™t do his homework.

6 Likes

Well, that was all very annoying and also stupid.

5 Likes

Deceit is the new honesty?

War is Peace
Freedom Is Slavery
Ignorance Is Strength

4 Likes

It is making me very angry that someone who has had integrity for sixty years or so is now being portrayed as lying for no good reason. It pisses me right off.

5 Likes

Exactly. There is no way Jill would be complicit in this, any more than she would have been so forgiving of Elizabeth over the Roy nonsense; her sympathies would have been with Hayley and the girls.

4 Likes

For someone who claimed to think she was a terrific character, Oā€™Connor was very keen to change her completely, wasnā€™t he. A shame that this now seems to be the editorial policy.

4 Likes

So many ā€˜interesting at leastā€™ characters have been made to do stupid things & turned into really nasty people

Itā€™s cheap, & it doesnā€™t suitā€¦

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Arbeit macht frei - (sign above entrance to Ambridge)

3 Likes

That could be in worse taste, but it would need to work at it really quite hard.

4 Likes

ā€¦or even more appropriate:

"Lasciate ogne speranza, voi chā€™intrate"

4 Likes

Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it, you mean?

I doubt that anyone in Ambridge has seen the face of God.

4 Likes

Youā€™re not wrong there, me lad

4 Likes

Enter ALAN, an portlie Clerke of Mamucium

ALAN. Yet Shula, look up to heaven; remember Godā€™s mercies are infinite.

SHULA. But Shulaā€™s offence can neā€™er be pardoned! The serpent that tempted Eve may be saved, but not Shula.

Exeunt auditores, screaming

5 Likes

On reflection, I could have cut the dialogueā€¦

2 Likes

I remember, long ago when someone was going on at some length about how we are all Doomed because of The EcoSystem and That, a friend murmuring, ā€œIsnā€™t it a little big-headed to be so sure that we are the first generation so evil that God will call it a day?ā€

I was thinking of that when Shula was having her Crisis of Faith the other day. Does she really suppose that no Christian except her has ever been less than perfect?

3 Likes

I take it said friend was unfamiliar with Genesis Ch. 6-9?

3 Likes

Probably: he was a Roman Catholic, and they didnā€™t seem to have ā€œdoneā€ the Old Testament at his schools.

3 Likes