The Politics Thread

Alas, yes. Quite a few people have been having fun captioning the original; I rather liked this one:

Screenshot 2021-06-13 at 13.10.19

4 Likes

D’oh!

Note to self: ensure one is fully awake before posting.

4 Likes

I think the tie out-Trumping Trump’s was the giveaway.

4 Likes

See comment above.

That gull should get a life pension of fish & chips from a grateful nation.

4 Likes

“Just walk in, and keep walking.”

5 Likes

What joyous replies!

Soo xx

4 Likes

Mine would be, “Now do come on, there’s a good boy, and mummy will get you an ice-cream.”

It’s a bit depressing when the place is full of grown-ups and we have a prime minister who looks like the Duffer of the Remove.

4 Likes

I feel sorry for his tailors. Dammit, I feel sorry for his clothes!

Is it possible that some of his liaisons might actually be the result of pathologically over-developed sartorial empathy? Sort of ‘Let’s get that suit off you - the poor thing is suffering dreadfully’?

6 Likes

:laughing:

Soo xx

5 Likes

You can probably blame our Chief Minister (elected in 2016) for setting the trend.

The suit here is a little better but…

The shoes, Howard, the shoes!

5 Likes

At least he doesn’t look like a blond Stig of the Dump about the head.

5 Likes

All I can say - and that, weakly - is crikey.

That first picture, well: might it be his Drinking Suit?

6 Likes

I can’t help a vague general feeling that none of them looks particularly So. More like so-so.

5 Likes

One does long a little for the glittering tinsel of neo-fascism, assuming that includes polished boots…

5 Likes

As in, he was drunk when he bought it? That I could believe.

6 Likes

I’ve always found it somewhat surprising (not to say disturbing) that Hugo Boss didn’t feel any need to rebrand.

5 Likes

I am ashamed to admit that I bought and wore a Hugo Boss suit for my Son’s wedding. It was all the better for being altered and adorned by someone not a million miles away from this MB.
Soo xx

6 Likes

I’m not suggesting that any of the current directors share any guilt*, but it’s rather surprising that they continued to use the name.

*They did eventually apologise for the past association - all of ten years ago…

6 Likes

Yeah, yeah, (and I have no doubt that it was exquisitely fettled and that you looked splendid) but what about the shiny boots, little Bee?

6 Likes

They were Court Shoesies, & they shone…

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes