Viral DOOM

Which reminds me. There used to be a Dr. Who exhibition in Llangollen. Really.

One exhibit was an empty Dalek which you could sit in and manipulate the ‘arms’ and periscope eye and could speak into a voice changer thing which meant anything said came out, well, Dalek-ie.

Son #2, aged then about 4, got in, wriggled stuff about and shouted … “I am a Garlic … Excuse me mate !”.

6 Likes

I have spent a bit of time today conversing with a young woman of our acquaintance who feels beleaguered by the guidelines for staying at home. She lives alone (well, she has a House Cat) and has, recently, been diagnosed as bi-polar. Just one example of many who are suffering with the whole Viral DOOM scenario. (This isn’t meant to be a totally cheerful thread, izzit?)
Soo xx

6 Likes

This might be of interest - a breathing technique suggested to be not only useful to those who have it but harmless and likely beneficial to those who don’t.

5 Likes

Thanks, Gus.

His lung capacity seems fairly slight… (grin)

6 Likes

I couldn’t comment. Got dizzy [bigger grin]

To be fair, his ‘nursing colleague’ looks like one of the breed that eats junior doctors for breakfast with a chaser of broken bottles, so that might have put him off his stroke.

6 Likes

I had an Aunt like that. Terrifying woman. I fell into her hands after having my gall-bladder out, and she had me walking half a mile within a week of coming out of hospital…

6 Likes

Incidentally, I was driving home after a nice person-free evening walk and heard HM talking, and I am sure that Neil Nunes reading the news afterwards said that there had been a hundred fewer deaths yesterday than there were the day before, or possibly today than yesterday. Can’t find it anywhere, though. Did anyone else hear it?

6 Likes

No. But daily variation is pretty meaningless. As no doubt was the Address To The Nation.

5 Likes

Not to everyone, Gus.
Soo xx

3 Likes

We will have to agree to differ on that, Soo.
Gxx

5 Likes

…interesting technique, but I can only hope that his skill as a doctor is better than his shaving skills! (…heads for TheNORTYStep) :roll_eyes::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::roll_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow::wink:

4 Likes

Sniggle, Gus. Her Maj addressed the whole nation (and several others, apparently) so there will be varying opinions, clearly. I am sitting on the beely fence.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Budge up wee bee :honeybee: I am on the fence with you

I admire Mrs Windsor

6 Likes

Well, any address from the Royals could rankle, but I cut Queenie some slack. She can only do that which she can do.
Soo xx

7 Likes

That much is true. There were certain things she could not have done recently which she has, though, which have somewhat undermined her standing, I feel.
I am rather sorry for her nonetheless.
Gxx

7 Likes

True.
Soo xx

7 Likes

…just finished listening to Brenda giving her talk (…found (…quite by accident) on RadioUlster), in which she mentioned “…essential Rolls” :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I would have thought the only Rolls she would be concerned about would be the one from which she waves when she pops down to the shops! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

I doubt that very much; she can spell, after all.

4 Likes

by Jess Harwood: https://www.jessharwoodart.com/

6 Likes

Oh, that is ace.

5 Likes