Am drinking warm Ribena ATM

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Not one of my favourites, Dahlink. :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

Sorry I made you heave…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Nah, I’m made of sterner stuff than that: I would merely spit it out with great force were I absent-mindedly to ingest it.
But other people are allowed to like it. She said magnanimously.

6 Likes

Y’see … this. This is the problem. Aspartane will, soon, be found to be a dangerous substance. It makes almost anything undrinkable.

6 Likes

… was good. As was Lemon and Lime though it gave me migraines.

Current Ribena (see what I did there :laughing::sweat_smile::laughing::sweat_smile:) is undrinkable to ne, very, very sadly. The recipe has been attacked by the Sugar fascists and ruined it.

6 Likes

Aspartame is a dangerous substance for about one in eight hundred of the human race; it causes them to have seizures, described to me as “sort of the opposite of epilepsy” – the victim passes out without warning for an indeterminate time.

Someone I knew had this problem when the stuff first became ubiquitous: she would simply fall over, sometimes with enough warning to say “I’m falli” before she did it, and the doctors were baffled. She took to sleeping downstairs after she fell down them one day, and obviously she couldn’t drive or do anything which would make her suddenly ceasing to function a danger to herself or others. After a bit, realising that the doctors were unable to help her, she started an elimination regimen, and discovered that while she could drink vodka and she could drink coffee, rum-and-coke triggered it.

She remarked later that while everyone else drank rum and coke and fell over because of the rum, she drank rum and coke and fell over because of the bloody coke. It was diet coke, you see.

7 Likes

Well, that certainly is an example & a very acute one.

I’m more thinking that it will, sooner rather than later, be shown to be an incidious harm doer giving long termnhealth dangers to the many, not the few.

6 Likes

There were warnings about it in Austria years ago.

Nasty stuff

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

The people making it at the time gagged the Guardian, which tried hard to report it.

This was when the AIDS scares had started, and it was all very embarrassing for her because a lot of people were as prone as Lynda to leaping to incorrect conclusions.

5 Likes

To go back to the blasted virus.

Friends who were supposed to be flying to Spain yesterday cancelled, as he has a serious chest condition anyway, & they felt that it might be tempting fate.

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I’m still going to Harrogate this weekend, to a place with several thousand strangers…

6 Likes

There are no strangers: just prey that one has not yet met.

Sorry, I was on a rush-hour train and am feeling a bit red-in-toof-an-claw as a result. Which, speakin’ as a Limpet, poses no end of problems and, indeed, questions.

6 Likes

Youse an fit young Birdie, innit?

:eagle:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Look, you lot, you’re not doing this properly.

I came in here for a good panic (and I don’t just want a 5 minute panic, I want the full half hour) and what do I find? A lot of perfectly reasonable responses mixed with plenty of digression, and no mass hysteria whatsoever.

It’s just not good enough.

8 Likes

Ooops. sorry.

< panic > < panic > < panic > < panic > < panic > < panic > < panic >
< panic >

Better?

8 Likes

Hmm. It’s a bit boring innit, panicking? And not very British.

OK, as y’were, everyone.

7 Likes

Dear Auntie TFM,

This afternoon I sneezed once. Do I have Corinna Virus?

[panic],

Sparrer

6 Likes

Dear Sparrer,

It is too soon to panic just yet, but if you start uncontrollably spouting Greek poetry then you must self-isolate immediately. Don’t bother your GP, s/he is unlikely to speak Ancient Greek anyway so won’t understand a word.

HTH

Auntie TFM

6 Likes