Wrap-up of current spoilers - updated May 24

And pissy little prissy little Rexypants being oh-so-tactful and not hearing stuff in the exchanges with David. Dunnee make yer want to spew?

Hating them all is a legitimate position, not just laziness, isn’t it?

1 Like

I hope he goes away for longer than a holiday. He’ll never detoxify his character if he doesn’t get out of such a toxic situation.

3 Likes

It certainly is, and I do.

3 Likes

Ah, bless you. Feel all warm and fuzzy and validated now.

Slight pause while ftc finds suitable receptacle into which to be a tiny bit sick. Sorry about that, me duck.

3 Likes

Brian probably comes closest.

3 Likes

Dig up Nelson? Some child or grandchild from one of his overseas bolt holes?

3 Likes

Nelson is not dead. He just had to depart in a hurry, in a way that wouldn’t leave people looking for him.

4 Likes

They might have have found him by now. He may have died of natural causes. He could have made friends with big Al Z Heimer.

1 Like

Wot abaht 'is daughter, the rozzer?

2 Likes

You never can tell with Gabriels. They were Ambridge’s stereotyped comic rustic family long before we heard about the Grundys. But I don’t really see the suburban supercop carrying out an armed robbery or wounding for loot.

1 Like

I think Rosemary was - when last heard of - supposed to be a DS with Birmingham police. If she made the job a career. She is young enough to still be serving and possibly at a rank of DCI or higher. Possibly anywhere in the country.

Maybe, were the Beeb inclined to bring the character back. They could find an actress with a genuine Welsh accent (bound to have picked it up in 20+ years) and put the phony one-time Welsh accent of Pat, out to grass.

2 Likes

And Tom will ask her to marry him. Whether he actually turns up for any ceremony is another matter. She would probably nick Helen and him for conspiracy to pervert the course of justice after Pat had opened her gob too wide over a bottle of Plonko Rosso.

2 Likes

I don’t think she’s young enough for Tom. More in the Kenton age-range I think.

Maybe Jolene and Wayne could run off somewhere? (Anywhere with showers will do I s’pose).
Leaving Kenton unattached and ripe for being done for flogging hooky gin… Cue: DCI Rosemary Tarrant, to arrive to nick him.

2 Likes

But Tom needs a Mummee…

2 Likes

Lillian?

Can’t you just hear the banjo music?

2 Likes

Lillian…aaaaaargh

2 Likes

Nelson had a daughter? Who is her mother? I missed all of the Nelson years, to my regret. Oh, just so you all know, I’m starting a new ‘Wrap-Up’ thread because this one is very long and the OP is so distant you have to scroll forever to see it. But please, tell me more about Nelson’s daughter!

3 Likes

Nelson’s daughter Rosemary Tarrant was born in August 1967, the result of an affair Nelson had with Nancy Tarrant; she was the first of two children her mother put up for adoption, after which her mother married a Mr Wilson and left the district. Nancy had two sons by her husband. Rosemary was adopted by John and Rachel Dean, who lived in Epsom

Rosemary turned up in Nelson’s Wine Bar in 1986 looking for her father; she was at that point training at the Police Training Centre at Hendon. Later she got a post in Borsetshire and in 1989 came to live in Honeysuckle Cottage with Nelson, working with DS Barry, but she didn’t stay long; she went back to London with he ex- and again-boyfriend Peter after a year or so.

4 Likes

Thanks for that info. Fanta. Appreciated.

All I could remember was her name and approx age, for some reason.
I knew she was about 50 +/- 3yrs.

Either way she could still be in the job so could - in theory - do a Carol and turn up again. :relaxed:
Nicking Kenton, Jolene and Toby, would seem an ideal reason.

4 Likes

Oh, that’s interesting, thanks, FantaFish! So, she’d be nearly fifty now.

4 Likes