Alice's Baybee Sweepstakes

No problem Fishy

I should have been clearer in the first place

5 Likes

Last night, did anyone else expect the little boudoir in the pavilion would be strewn with empty vodka bottles?

But I expect the delightful Chris is keeping His Baby and its life-support system under house arrest.

8 Likes

Second trimester passed. The odds are shortening. ROLL up, ROLL up, PLACE yer bets…

5 Likes

Too late; I have lost my stake.

5 Likes

Me too. I’m terribly afraid now that they’re going to go with a perfect baby but Alice suffers post natal depression and goes back on the booze, or some such thing.

6 Likes

Oh please can it be born obviously defective and Alice chuck it at Chris - a ‘hospital pass’, indeed - and say ‘You wanted the damn thing: it’s all yours’ and bugger off, either to concentrate on her drinking or rediscover her engineering mojo.
If the shock kills either JD or Susan, that’s a bonus in my book.

7 Likes

Much too desirable to happen, I’m afraid.

6 Likes

It’s looking hopeful for third trimester catastrophe, after tonight’s nauseating conversation.
V disappointed in Alice. She should have gralloched Chris for blabbing. She should also have sneaked a tiny enormous vodka while he was off having his Manly Chat.

6 Likes

I’m currently about a week behind. I just about managed to struggle through Lynda and Helen pontificating, but when Mia started in full whiny teenage screech and preach mode… :face_vomiting:

That report doesn’t exactly inspire me to catch up

6 Likes

It’s not compulsory; and excellent synopses are available, my flightless friend…

6 Likes

We have to hope that it’s dead, a boy, or both: Martha Carter is not exactly euphonious…

6 Likes

Wasn’t the other suggestion ‘Arthur’? If so, hardly and improvement!

7 Likes

Apparently that was an Australian vernacular joke by Chris Carter. Not a good joke, because the phrase means “confused” rather than anything to do with the sex of a baby.

5 Likes

Not exactly.
To subtly inform The Listener that C&A don’t know the fœtus’s sex, the SWs had Chris say ‘we don’t know if it’s Arthur or Martha, haha’ - whether it is Chris or the SWs who have slightly misunderstood the expression is moot.
However, it then emerged that he does actually like the name Martha. No indication that Arthur is similarly favoured.

4 Likes

Why don’t they? Alice has been going to scans, and I don’t suppose the HCPs are not telling them.

4 Likes

Depends on a) Trust policy; and then b) parental preference. Some Trusts won’t tell; some expectant parents want ‘a surprise’. One feels their bar for astonishment must be set pretty low in that case: boy or girl is reasonably certain, with exceedingly long odds on, say, an otter.

4 Likes

“I’m sorry, we can’t tell you until we’ve checked with the Archbishop.”

6 Likes

You hear stories about these rural communities, though…

6 Likes

Surely for maximum conflict and drama it should be a badger?

6 Likes

Cock Up Your Beaver?

5 Likes