Catching up with the synopses…

Tell that to Millie Robson.

5 Likes

Snork, Joe!

2 Likes

OK. I’ll ask.

The only Millie Robson’s s I can see are a girl injured in the Manchester bomb and the Australian champion Pole Dancer.

3 Likes

Some random brat poisoned by ice cream from Bridge Farm, thanks to Dirty Clarrie’s eColi
Still, your researches were not without interest by the sound of it…

4 Likes

Very good at the mazurka?

4 Likes

https://goo.gl/images/yYBaA7

This is her father, Mr. Robson. Formerly a Grange Hill teacher I understand

3 Likes

12 April:

Tom’s convinced [Olwen] doesn’t like him.

Nobody else does; why is he avoiding her in particular?

5 Likes

13 April:

Emma is upset and shares that Jake scared Keira by talking about Nic coming back to haunt her.

Sounds like a fairly normal child to me.

Emma’s struggling to suppress her own emotions

Why? Usually she shares her emotions with anyone within range.

and is still feeling guilty over Nic losing her job at the Bull.

She was certainly one of the causative factors.

Fallon says to let herself off the hook - Nic was no saint.

So what? Is it suddenly OK to cause trouble in the local pub if the barmaid is less than perfect?

Strewth, and that’s just the first paragraph.

Filled with a sense of his mortality, Harrison goes to give Fallon something

Well, really!

15 April:

Will is tempted to leave - he’s sick of people saying the wrong thing.

Some people grieve best on their own. But everyone in Ambridge has been indoctrinated that Sharing Is The Only Way Forward.

4 Likes

Tsk, Spadger. He needs Counselling - didn’t you get the memo?

3 Likes

A normal child will never thrive in Ambridge.

4 Likes

Knowing how erudite you are, I presume that was a spellcheck emendation of “cancelling”?

4 Likes

18 April:

She’s sure Pat didn’t intend to stray so far from her principles.

Any actor worth their salt could make that drip with sarcasm.

Helen’s fed up with Olwen treating Bridge Farm like a hotel. Pat protests that Olwen’s been ill, and that she does do the washing up.

“But she doesn’t do the washing up for me, and she didn’t take the 2am-6am childminding shift, and…”

3 Likes

Whereas Helen treats Bridge Farm like a holiday camp, the kind that throws in free child care.

4 Likes

Helen’s fed up with Olwen treating Bridge Farm like a hotel. Pat protests that Olwen’s been ill, and that she does do the washing up.

Which, be fair, compared with Helen, that’s almost lie having her own personal servant.

5 Likes

19 April:

Then they find a farewell note from Olwen thanking them for their hospitality. Pat’s determined to find her - society has failed Olwen, but she won’t.

“I will not rest until I track down that no-‘count lowlife and give her what’s comin’ to her.”

3 Likes

26 April:

Anisha is fiercely independent, and Rex wouldn’t have it any other way.

As distinct from doggedly independent, of course. Completely different characterisation.

Then Jazzer runs into an old friend, Hannah.

"Yes, Tom’s still here. Brian, too, though he’s been through a few cycles of being good and bad since you knew him. So what’s it like in the outside world where you can move on when you realise you’re surrounded by numpties? And why did you come back?

4 Likes

3 May:

going full throttle and leaving Ambridge for dust

The phrase is “in the dust”. Or “for good”, but that would have been too much to hope for.

5 Likes

I’m not sure we’ve ever been given the required information to know this tbh.

I’m also not sure I want it.

4 Likes

8 May:

Lynda is trying out a Bichon Frise named Lady for a week.

Rentamutt?

but later Lady destroys Robert’s copy of The Silmarillion and her copy of the Canterbury Tales

Oh come on, Lynda’s had dogs for years, she’d know better than to leave books where they could get them.

Pat is relieved to find Olwen.

Olwen says “now you go and hide”.

Later at the Elms Pat tries to give Olwen Tom’s old laptop to help her sort her life out.

“For some reason whenever you click on anything it brings up adverts for Ladies Who Love Sausages, but I’m sure you can fix it.”

5 Likes

9 May:

Jazzer thinks it is good to know when to stop flogging a head horse.

ObBloodnok: you filthy swine!

Harrison’s Inspector has recommended he do his Sergeant exams next year.

“'Cos we all need a laugh.”

Harrison, unbeknownst to Fallon, stages a second proposal in front of everyone

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Later whilst Johnny and Freddie are showing Hannah around a brick is thrown through the window that hits Johnny on the head.

“Can’t be a local, he’d have known Ambridgeites don’t keep anything important there.”

5 Likes