Knittery and Stitchery and Stuff

That’s the spirit!

I hope B will tell you it’s ok and not really twisted at all…

4 Likes

Winces at the thought ovvan thong, let alone an twisted one…

Carinthia. xx

5 Likes

Hey ho B has seized my wool winder and my knitting and will return it to me unravvelled and wound into balls down to wherever I went wrong…

At least it is really good wool…

5 Likes

I don’t think it is physically possible to go Möbius part way through a tube. If you have managed this then I imagine the IMU would be keen to have a gander. B is destroying valuable evidence.

5 Likes

I managed it Gus

I can do most strange things…

4 Likes

B called and the work has been unravelled to the point of the problem

She had made an error in the first three rows of the rib

She has knit the rib back and put my stitch markers in place for me

Isn’t she wonderful?

Knitting the rib while waiting on her youngest at Scouts

5 Likes

Good that it’s fixed, bad about the wasted work.

If it is any consolation to you, the round needle in my worked simply snapped this morning! Luckily this Icelandic wool doesn’t readily unravel, but all sat there in its stitches while I cursed and then went and found a new round needle to pick them all back onto and carry on knitting.

5 Likes

Phew x2. Hurrah for B and for steadfast Icelandic wool.

5 Likes

My posh needles have a habit of unscrewing from the cable so I tighten them every few rows…

The Shetland wool I have is soft and strong but likes to unravel so I have to watch it like a hawk

5 Likes

Knitting a snood for J should be fun as it iis Aldi chunky wool that likes 10mm needles

A quick knit while I rest my jumper floats knitting lack of expertise

4 Likes

Look what the postman just brought me.

https://www.theknittingnetwork.co.uk/west-yorkshire-spinners-the-croft-shetland-tweed-mossbank-757

I haven’t done any knitting for months because I’ve been so busy since we came here but I got deperate and gave in.

6 Likes

I like the yarn. What are you going to make with it?

5 Likes

I want something really simple so I can just pick it up wherever I am without needing the pattern. Thinking of this

The yarn is lovely and soft, not a bit scratchy so I won’t mind it round my neck.

5 Likes

That’s the colour of my pattern on my Finnish yoked jumper

Beautiful wool

5 Likes

We obviously share extremely good taste.

5 Likes

That will work beautifully in that yarn.

6 Likes

You were right, it really is beautiful wool. So easy to work and the softest, least scratchy real wool I’ve ever come across. I’ll be using it again I’m sure in both the tweed and the plain colours.

5 Likes

Calling all knitters

I am knitting an infinity scarf in plain st st for G’s birthday

If I iron it with a wet tea towel on it will that stop it rolling up?

50 inches of alpaca lying flat in a loop when stitched together at the ends is the aim…

Not a 50 inch thing that is marginally less curled up than a British rail sandwich!

4 Likes

Unedged stocking stitch will curl, unfortunately, and there’s little to be done about it. Blocking will help but won’t be permanent.
Gx

4 Likes

Buggrit

Ah well at least it is wide enough that it will cover her head ears and neck despite curlique-ing

4 Likes