Poultry report

Pore Tig. Happy New Year, Tig.
Soo xx

4 Likes

The other convalescent didn’t make it. RIP Jules. The only consolation is that she had a year or so she wouldn’t have done; she and her sisters would have been culled had we not taken them.

7 Likes

And it wasn’t a bad year or so for her, Joe

RIP Jules

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

RIP Jules.
As Carinthia suggests, Jules had a good life with you.
Soo xx

6 Likes

So…poultry. We visited the Peebles Poultry Show at the weekend and Mr Bee took some pics. The subjects were, obviously, behind bars, but here are some examples:

Phew. This has taken all of my ‘techie’ energy. I hope that I haven’t crashed The Reporter.

Soo xx

7 Likes

I never have Techie energy, Soo

I leave that to others…

Splendid Photies

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Thanks, Carinthia. There are many more, but I’ll spare thee…
There is a pic of the African Grey, from Five Sisters Zoo - Mr Bee struck up quite a conversation with this one…I’ll try my hand at posting the video, but for now:

Such larks!

Soo xx

5 Likes

Somewhere, a duck is watching you.
Intently. Implacably.
Unblinking.

Not that I want to alarm you at all…

Love the photies

5 Likes

Encouraged azz one izz - have a Kookaburra, Gus:

We were that close and it didn’t peck our eyes out. Ducks are seriously intent in their gazing.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Don’t be fooled, Soo dere: thattiz a kingfisher wot was put through the hot wash by mistake.
Hence the beady glaring.

5 Likes

I’ll not get to sleep for snorking, Gus! Can’t wait to tell Himself!
Soo xxxx

5 Likes

“I never dunnit yeronner. Also I come from a depraved family.”

“Did you spill me grain?”

5 Likes

Not so far, there haven’t been.

< Takes stack of Vaughan Williams LPs and trusty shotgun and strides out looking Purposeful >

4 Likes

Hardly the same, I appreciate, but yesterday we had 2, rather shy, woodpeckers in the garden & using the bird feeders.

I didn’t manage to get a photo, unfortunately, but such a welcome splash of colour.

5 Likes

It was Robin Season in the garden yesterday, including one Serious Philosophical Discussion (lots of wings ‘n’ twittering) and one of 'em hoppiting through the gazebo.

5 Likes

So, finally I got to meet the new arrivals; they’ve (quite sensibly) spent the last week hiding from Gareth and Hannah.

7 Likes

They are delightful! Are they named?

6 Likes

How wonderful they are! I wish them good luck in their progress to adulthood and, erm, femininity…
Soo xx

6 Likes

Had to check on the naming. Provisionally, Nell (the yellow one) and Greta.

6 Likes

Does she vant to be alone?

5 Likes