Poultry report

She’s still a bit unsteady, but that could be because she’s groggy after being sedated for the x-rays. She has fresh bedding, clean water (with vitamins) and a new-found passion for cold boiled rice, apparently. Will do a fresh batch tonight so it will be cold for the morning. All being well, we can mix the antibiotic in with it.

6 Likes

Don’t tell that Bee :wink:

Huzzah! Floreat Jilly!

5 Likes

I heard that!
Yay, for the Jilly one!
Soo xx

6 Likes

…here’s praying to the chicken equivalent of my cell-mates’ "Great Bastet", if such deity exists, and I feel certain it does!

7 Likes

Ooo goody Joe

I can now sort of uncross the parrot’s wings

8 Likes

Thoth and his sacred ibises?

8 Likes

Jilly looking much brighter today. Looks like it’s a fungal infection, so being treated accordingly. Trouble is, as she gets more active, it becomes increasingly difficult to get the drops into her. Birds can escape through three dimensions…

7 Likes

Blooming mushrumps.

9 Likes

Tentative untentering.

7 Likes

Visiting hours…

As you can see, she’s now a lot stronger. Quite a long conversation ensued (probably consisting entirely of complaints about us)

8 Likes

Attagirl, Jilly!
Soo xx

8 Likes

We’re going to get her a dog cage tomorrow, so she can see out and have more room to move around. She’s started scratching around again, which is always a good sign. We’re fairly sure she’s on the mend, but we’re keeping a close eye on her, just in case. Main thing at the moment is to fatten her up a bit—she was just skin and bone last week. So she’s on a diet of grain, egg and Liga(!), with vitamin drops mixed in. We are actually spending more time preparing her meals than we do on our own.

8 Likes

You make me smile. How lucky are your fevvered friends to have you on-side? I hope that Jilly makes a full recovery, soon.

Soo xx

8 Likes

…glad to hear your tidings of great joy! …but no offense to you or dear Jilly, but your last post reminded me of a chicken-cartoon by one of my favourite cartoonists (Gary Larson) and I just couldn’t resist:

…watch out for the soup, Jilly dear! :grinning::kissing_heart:

7 Likes

6 Likes

:laughing:
Soo xx

6 Likes

…another gem from Mr. Larson!! :rofl: :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

Things are not looking good.

Jilly’s back at the vet’s and we’re basically expecting the worst. Nothing we can do but sit by the phone and wait.

8 Likes

Bless her. C’mon Jilly x

8 Likes

I’m sorry, Joe. But that does not stop me from crossing me fins.

8 Likes