Poultry report

I, too, Twellsy. Although, I enjoy joe’s poultry postings and will make do. For now.
Soo xx

8 Likes

Sometimes, a girl just needs her mammy…

10 Likes

…here’s one for you & the chooks, @joe

Chooks Rool! :smile::smile::smile:

6 Likes

Serves the bastard right.

8 Likes

Good.

It won’t have ended well for the roo, though, I fear.

8 Likes

But most likely a quicker and cleaner despatch than he might otherwise have suffered.

8 Likes

Aye, there is that.

8 Likes

Contrary to what some would have you believe, it is not a given that roosters will fight. Witness the late and much lamented Jilly and her two minders, who would flank her wherever she went, then roost on either side of her every night:

To this day, Tysie (on the right) still patrols outside the room where she was kept when she was ill, looking in as if he thinks she might still be there:

7 Likes

< sniffle >
The emotional life of the chicken is complicated. Poor Tysie (except of course for the life of luxury he lives).
Remind me not to come back as a chook. Lichen looks promising: it doesn’t get attached.
oh, hang on

9 Likes

“Now, escaped from confinement, he is Murga, Avenger of the Night. No cockfighter is safe…”

7 Likes

Yay - go Murga!
Soo xx

7 Likes

All I can think of about that name is murgh masala…

8 Likes

A new month, Spring is in the air, the sun’s up and the birds are singing merrily.

Well, most of them…

8 Likes

Warms the cockles of this old heart! Thanks for sharing that! :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :kissing_smiling_eyes: :kiss:

7 Likes

Gawds, joe. But, they’re absolutely in the groove and I love them.
Soo xx

7 Likes

Must get a proper recording; that was recorded on an iPhone from behind a double glazed window, so you can imagine what it sounds like up close!

I have a few radio mics, but the problem is getting them powered up - you can’t really go outside without breaking the mood. Might try with a cheap tie-clip mic and long cable - that would at least mean I could control it from inside…

7 Likes

I’d love to hear it as you do, joe. But, don’t put yerself out for such as I who can choose when to hear it. Big smiles, mind.
Soo xx

7 Likes

Not putting myself out - this will be work! The Boss wants to base a(nother*) piece based on recordings / transcriptions of the chooks, so someone has to gather the raw material…

*She did a short one as a illustration for a lecture she gave at the Irish Composition Summer School a few years ago, and wants to expand on the idea

7 Likes

It’s a tough business. They’ll be needing an agent
[my card]

8 Likes

You’ll have to explain the concept of “negotiation” first - it’s definitely not in their vocabulary.

6 Likes