Profile pictures

You can in theory change your single-letter icon to a profile picture, in user preferences.

This should now ACTUALLY WORK cheers cheers. In case it still doesn’t:

Gravatar does work, though you’ll need to create an account there.

In more detail: load https://en.gravatar.com/, “Sign In”, “Create An Account”, use the same email address that’s on your account here, do the email verification thing, end up back at Gravatar, attach an image to your email address.

Then come back here, Preferences, Profile Picture, Gravatar, “refresh” if necessary.

2 Likes

Aah, that’s where mine comes from :+1:

2 Likes

As a Feral Thickie, I don’t know what signing up to Gravatar means. I know that I can do it, but not what this could incur. I’ll just remain as a bold red ‘S’ until I have a clue.
Soo

1 Like

Soo, all Gravatar signs you up to is a Wordpress account. It hasn’t done anything horrible to me yet.

1 Like

Thanks, Gus. I’ll attend to it mañana.
Soo

Love the ‘Feral Thickie’ , Soo…

I too will have a look tomorrow

I could be Feral Thickest, though…

Carinthia.xx

2 Likes

Not on my own then. I followed into Gravitas, set up an account but then had NO idea what to then do.

I appreciate that’s because I’m a dimwit, but nonetheless it’s where I am.

3 Likes

In Gravatar, make sure the image you want is attached to your email address.

Back here, click on your user icon, cogwheel for Preferences, “Profile Picture”, Gravatar, maybe Refresh, and Save Changes.

1 Like

I think the problem may be in Gravatar, Hedgers. It was for me. It doesn’t make how to “make sure the image you want is attached to your email address” obvious, at all.

I speak as one who had to be helped with this process and doesn’t remember how it was done, only that I couldn’t do it.

2 Likes

Correct I think.

I’ll have another look but when I went on Gravitas there was nothing obvious to actually do with it. I just went round in circles.

I know it’ll be me being dim but … ??

2 Likes

Step by step instructions here:
http://en.gravatar.com/support/activating-your-account/

3 Likes

So, I now have an avatar. But, my little bee has had a right footectomy.
It will hae tae dae. For now.
Soo xx

3 Likes

The bee is so down-to-earth it is planted up to the ankle on one side. Hmmmm. Does bees have ankles as such?

On the other hand (no, not more fruitless joint speculation) maybe it is a Toeless Bee. Given a bit of rearrangement, that state of affairs would be widely welcomed.

3 Likes

Thanks for that, I’ve been driving myself mad trying to upload a photo! I’ll try the Gravatar although I don’t actually understand it.

2 Likes

Nor do I, but it seemed to sort of talk me through somehow…

1 Like

Well it says it’s done it but it will take a bit to appear so I wait with baited breath :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Trying to catch a new goriila, perhaps?

1 Like

It sounds to me as if you are on the same level of tech as the one I use.

If all else fails, asking joe or the Feral Techie, is the only way I get anything done.

1 Like

There really has to be an easier way.

I’m not keen on opening up new sites which don’t appear terribly easy or otherwise useful. So I’ll probably stay as the ‘Green A’

1 Like

It’s quite easy really (as I forget the details, it can’t have been traumatic). And it’s a reputable sort of site, so unlikely to be infested with nasties.

2 Likes