Recipes

I had a
Ook joe </ orang > and they struck me as extortionate for what they actually are. And I do not need to make batches of fresh crumpets and then eat the feckers, things being bad enough as they are*.
And my baking dustbin is closed for the duration (ha! At last that phrase has regained a degree of resonance) since I might be ‘shredding the virus’ unwittingly. I don’t mind the prudent refusal, it’s the erroneous R that enrages me.

*there’s Bolognese sauce with a cheese cobbler topping in the oven, and small objects already leap from tables and whizz round me

5 Likes

They’re handy for other things, too, though.

Thinks…

Ah. The first one that springs to mind would not be on the menu chez Gus…

Meanwhile, pan-seared chicken in white wine sauce is happening.

5 Likes

Chicken & mushroom pie here

Martyr salad fer Lunch

There are Warburtons crumpets in the cupboard…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Already deployed: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cookie-cutter-round-guaranteed-quality/dp/B002XG0NVU/

5 Likes

Not for me, but I would not be averse to turning out neat and shapely ones for others. Not, I hasten to add, that I am planning on cooking anyone breakfast at all.

5 Likes

I was rather liking the notion of little bubbly octopuses…

5 Likes

AABTCOD, if you ask me (which you didn’t, but there it is anyway)

ebay has an alternative suggestion (repayment for the henses’s eggses, maybe?)

5 Likes

Thank you, I should prefer my crumpets without mouse.

5 Likes

Wanna have some ‘Crumpets Mouse’!
Or Croque le Chat, if one is being all cordon ramsay bleu about things

5 Likes

We have enjoyed fennel and butterbean stew:

Should you decide to read this, I trust that you’ll skip the preamble. It’s a good recipe, but we halve the honey.
A goodly tea loaf hazz been made by me, the bee. A kind neighbour gave me some SR flour and I’ll reward her with a few slices of fruity goodness.

Soo xx

5 Likes

That’s the spirit, Soo

Gin ?

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

How very kind, Carinthia. Thank you.
Vodka, pour toi?
Soo xx

5 Likes

You do know what I read ‘fennel’ as when glancing at the screen, don’t you? Aye, that’s the one. Not suitable for vegetarians, is ferret…

5 Likes

Always wary of American recipes, what with their habit of using the wrong names for things. Looking at the pics, do I take it “white beans” are what we know as “butter beans”?

5 Likes

No. If you do read the preamble, the beans she wanted were unavailable and she substituted Great Northern…
White as distinct from red kidney or black, so covering a multitude of beans, including butter.

5 Likes

Just to confuse matters still further, according to another source:

“Also called “butterbeans”, Baby Lima beans are small, smooth, and creamy with a rich, buttery texture.”

https://www.camelliabrand.com/4-types-of-white-beans-whats-the-difference

(The reason I asked about butter beans is that I have something of a glut of them, for some reason, and really ought to use them up)

5 Likes

Mr C & I hallucinated after consuming a can of red kidney beans.

They went orff the camping list Toot Sweet…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Hallucinating when camping would improve the experience, surely? It certainly helped on the boat :no_mouth:

4 Likes

Cooked in a lemon sauce, wiv a bit of thyme is very acceptable.

6 Likes

foodsubs.com is my standard reference, and that suggests they can be either fava or lima.

5 Likes