So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

So, do they not offer flu vaccine? Dearie me, what a load of rot.

Soo xx

5 Likes

They are all passing the buck because of costs

An Slammer or 3 would be most welcome , thank-you

Next question:

I have go through today on 2 hours’ sleep so would someone kindly tell me how much £61 is in Euros today , please?

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Around 68 Euros, I believe.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Thank-you Soo

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

A pleasure, Dearheart. Anything else I can get for you while I’m here?
Soo xx

5 Likes

The Second Slammer

Please

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

No sooner said than done. Chin-Chin!
Soo xx

5 Likes

Thank-you Soo

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Are we stocktaking? At least three more here…

5 Likes

Is it gin o’ lock?

I thirst after a day spent getting ready for the concrete man coming tomorrow with any luck

6 Likes

I hope so.

I’m a bit out of touch cos I have been away for a few days, being spoilt in the Lake District, and I never take any devices when I’m having a break. It has done me good, I think. So maybe I don’t need gin, but I’d still like some, just because.

Hope you’ve all been well and all that while I’ve been gone.

6 Likes

Glad to see you, TFM. I’m glad that your Lake District break has done you good. At the moment, we seem to be counting chins - I have only one, but it’s a bit fuzzy, tbh.
Soo xx

6 Likes

As you do. I too can only contribute one, but mine’s a bit wobbly from time to time. Not too bad today though.

6 Likes

A sometimes wobbly chin will be a lively addition to our collection, TFM. Unwobbly is good, too.
Soo xx

6 Likes

And what about us, eh? Where’s the Grasmere gingerbread? Honestly, some (wobbly-chinned) people…

Good to see you and hear you have been being spoilt.

6 Likes

Um, in Grasmere? Probably because I never knew of it’s existence 'til I googled* it just now.

Akshully, we did pass through Grasmere but in a bit of a hurry cos OH had discovered he’d left his wallet in the pub we stopped at for lunch so we had to rush back. They had it behind the bar. happily.

• I have just discovered that google chrome’s own spellchecker has finally recognised the word ‘googled’ and stopped underlining it in red. They got there in the end.
6 Likes

Heathen.

6 Likes

Undoubtedly. But I bet it isn’t as good as my granny’s gingerbread.

I did bring back several local beers though, if you’d like to try one. Loads of ‘craft’ breweries there to choose from.

Why are they suddenly ‘craft’, I wonder? Bread’s gone all ‘artisan’ and beer’s gone all ‘craft’. What’s the difference? Who knows?

6 Likes

Next time you are there, do get yourself some Grasmere gb. It is quite different from what one normally thinks of as gingerbread, and very good indeed.

6 Likes

A friend has just called round,& offered to take me to the station on Friday afternoon

Another thing organised

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes