So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

I doubt that your beautiful etching is of the skeletal type, TFM. Or, izzit?
Have an Slammer and don’t think about it. That’s what I’ll do. Not that I am any sort ovvan example to anyone, you’ll understand.
Soo xx

6 Likes

On the contrary, I think that makes you an exemplary example.

Slurp.

6 Likes

Sláinte!
(This may attract our missing Twellsy.)
Soo xx

By the by; our lovely neighbour has repaired the wall column. He knows and I know that he knows the truth behind the damage. But, he just got on wivvit, kindly.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Now there’s a question, dere

And that definitely raises another

6 Likes

Feel free to arsk, Gus. I reserve the right to prevaricate, as ever :wink:
Soo xx

6 Likes

OK then, who graunched it, my fuzzy wee friend?

6 Likes

Chatelaine is Knackerated over having over 13,000 steps done today…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

[Taps fuzzy nose]
I think that you might guess, but I’m saying nowt, Gus.

Thinking about walls - isn’t it time for Joshua to set his men trumpeting somewhere? Maybe, our wall was a practice run…

Soo xx

6 Likes

Bluddy hell, Dahlink.

Three ice buckets for the Chatelaine, sharpish-like. One for each hoof and one for the Restorative Summats.
Gxxxx

6 Likes

The local brass, or possibly silver, band, and a highly localised fog?
Aye, me neither.

6 Likes

I am buzzing my beely wings as fast as I can, Carinthia. Please look after yourself and report when able.
Soo xxxx

Bedtime forra bee.
Good nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Tseep you, copper!

[yawnity]

Sorry, I was having a lovely dream…

yardarm

6 Likes

It didn’t work, did it?

[sad face]

6 Likes

[rattles the gin bottle]

6 Likes

You are a bad and bompstable Sparrer.

Twellsy, dere, I need one of yer breskfasts… No more slacking, d’you hear?

< frettity gnaw >

5 Likes

Morning Darlings

Have had 2 hours gathering meself & cutting a Noo tablecloth fer me outside table - the ‘cloth’ is plastic, & has a very fetching pattern of Matryoshka Dolls onnit . It was chosen by BiL & is the same as the 1 it replaces, which has been cut up to cover 2 smaller work tables.

I have forced meself into the compression socks as my feet are killing me

An 'Normous Slammer would be most welcome, & then I’ll tell you about the Wedding

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Slammers coming up! (And going down.)

6 Likes

Emergency sparrerly breakfast (sans oeuf) on the way.

[fryity]

6 Likes

Sorry about the delay - Neighbour returned after a very long walk & needed an Emergency Shandy

So

Saturday

I knew that I was being picked up in the car park at 11-30 am, so was up at 7, first tablets taken,& then Breakfast at 8am. Full compression stockings were worn,so the first battle of the day began…

I was ‘suited & booted’ by 10-30, with Full War Paint applied. I wore my absolute favourite purple/black/silver silk suit & decided against wearing a jacket, as it was already very ‘close’.

Perfume on, 'Normous Nat on - Black, natch & I was pronounced fit to leave the premises

Was picked up by my friend, an Ex of the Bride’s Father, & her father drove us to the Bride’s Father’s Brother’s house, where Conny & I were taken to the Bride’s Mother’s & 2nd Husband’s house

Keep up at the back there…

The (huge) double garage had been cleared & beer tables & benches were set up in there.

Outside the garage, was a large open-sided pavilion with 5 tables at which to stand.

Beer, Wine, Fizz, Juice & Water flowed, & Kirchtagssuppe* & Reindling* was served , so that we weren’t all Hissed on empty stomachs.

*These are Carinthian specialities, delicious, & deffo not yer everyday fare

The Groom & his party arrived, & were fed & watered, & then the Bride came down to receive her bouquet from the Groom.

There was an almighty clap of thunder, then it rained for 20 minutes, & then hailstones for another 10 minutes

We were under cover, so it didn’t matter

The Church Service was at 3pm, so I thought that, when we started to walk down the road we would be going back to the cars & on to Church- a 30 minute drive away.

I had temporarily forgotten the Carinthian country tradition that he Bride & Groom & Guests are always stopped at a suitable point, & may not pass until they have taken part in Traditional Shennanigens (sp?) & paid a toll. The road out is closed, until the terms have been met

Bride & Groom are both Teachers,so the bit of theatre was set in a ‘classroom’ in front of someone else’s house. More Fizz was produced, & we all drank merrily. We then had various legs dressed alternately as Bride & Groom ‘dancing’, whilst seated, to the Radetzky March, which was well done, & hilarious.

20minutes later, my feet were starting to protest, standing ‘downhill’ on a country road

After another 10 minutes, we were allowed to get in our cars, & leave, after paying a suitable amount for the Toll

More later

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

That sounds very entertaining and lovely, but utterly exhausting, Carinthia. I thoroughly approve your outfit!
Soo xx

6 Likes