So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Wot have you just said, Fishers? Talk about tempting fate…

On the off-chance, does anyone 'round these here parts know of a reasonably priced radio, suitable for a severely visually impaired person? No teckie fartiness (sorry Hedgers) just a radio that Auntie Joan can use to easily skip between radio 3, 4 and the World Service? I have looked on the RNIB site and £200 would be fine for us to manage as a gift, but she’d be horrified (always pays her way, always expects a truthful answer), plus, they are far too complex-looking. There exists a charity that do free loans, for suitable people, so I could make enquiries there. Mr Bee hazz tuned two of her exisiting radios in to radio 3 and 4, but it’s a bit ovva shame that she can’t have the world easily at her ears, iyswim.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Can you get a plain old radio wiv knobs on? 'Cos I never used to look much at the radio when I was tuning it…

(To a first approximation I don’t do consumer electronics these days.)

5 Likes

That may well be the way to go, Hedgers - thanks.

I now have Gin!

Soo xx

5 Likes

I have one with three pre-set stations on it. It’s called a Barton and it’s from a company called “Majority”. They might be worth having a look at; they cost a lot less than £200.

You preset it, and she can feel her way from one to the other.

5 Likes

Thanks, Fishers. I shall investigate this, in the morn. I have four DAB radios in different rooms and a crappy transistor in the kitchen, which is permanently tuned in to radio 4 - pore fing.

Where are TFM and Carinthia?

Soo xx

5 Likes

I am in lerrve
Please no one breathe a word to DDD, though. A husky pup, five months so at a guess, tethered outside the shop when I nipped up for ‘essentials’ (20 of them, plus a Useful Bottle o’Summat.)
Stunningly beautiful, with astonishing eyes.

5 Likes

I’m here,Soo

Just…

A few ovvus went to the local Hemp Farm today, & tasted the oil & various products

When we got back, I found an Email saying that I could check in for my flight on Sunday so I toddled orff to the Hotel to do this, & print my Boarding Pass .

Eurowings & the Hotel Pooter were obviously on a Go Slow today ,& it took 4 attempts & 45 minutes to get it sorted

Sigh

Earlier I had had a call from my friend the Florist & had spent a surreal few minutes discussing the flowers fer the coffin

Then I bit the bullet & 'phoned the Post Office Travel Insurance line

Once I had picked my way through the Menu I got to speak with a very helpful man who has opened a claim for me

By this time it was 6pm here, & I needed to eat summat warm,so I went to The Allesch, next door to the campsite, & had a Cordon Bleu ( used to be written as Gordon Blue here) , which hit the spot

Came back & shared a Bottle of Zweigelt with my NDN & we parted just before the heavy rain started.

The forecast for tomorrow is for 30deg

I think that an Medicinal maybe in order…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I think you have a point there, Dahlink. Slammer?
Gxxx

5 Likes

Please, Dahlink

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Enjoy medicinals - I may have, inadvertently, had mine.
Good nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Sleep well, Sweetheart

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Orf to play silly games all weekend.

yardarm

5 Likes

Please sort bacon butties yourselves folk

Ed Akes

Poppy juice pills a gogo here

7 Likes

[Fryity]

6 Likes

Pore Twellers. Hope popping poppy pills helps.
Gxx

6 Likes

Commiserations, Twellsy. I have plenty of lavendar oil to share. Gentle hugs.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Slightly fraught here this morning, as I have had to come to the hotel& top up the Internetty again

Sigh

I think that I need Vodka…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

[Vodkasparrer]

Who was that masked birdie!

6 Likes

Who stole your leccy folk?

I gather the Grid failed

6 Likes

Someone forgot to convert the meter to take the new £1 coins :slight_smile:

6 Likes