So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

I don’t know, Twellsy, but this took out Newcastle Airport, which is over the fields from us. No power outage, here. I read that Ipswich Hospital’s Emergency Generator failed and that staff were working flat out to keep patients safe. I am practically clawing my eyes out in frustration and disbelief - the EG at my hospital was tested every week.

Gawds.

Soo xx

5 Likes

This is state sponsored stuff. Too many large issues arising now.

North Korea, Iran, China, Russia. There are plenty of options.

5 Likes

Armers, I don’t understand why the power going off at the airport would not also affect us, a gnat’s piss away. In fact, I don’t understand it at all.

Planes are taking off and landing as per normal, now.

Anyhoo, I am going to watch an episode of The Expanse, azzit’s more believeable.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Part-time rocket scientist here, and I tend to refer to the fusion rockets in The Expanse as Magic Space Drives because there is simply nothing physically plausible that gives both high thrust and high impulse…

:smiling_imp:

5 Likes

So, that’s another unbelieveable thing, Hedgers. I quite like Magic Space Drives azza ridiculous idea. Pfft. Anyhoo - they’re in the future.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Oh, I don’t mean “that we can build now”; I mean “that we have any idea we might one day be able to build”. Making a drive with high thrust and high impulse needs a whole new physics, not merely brilliant engineering.

Meanwhile I am home for the night.

5 Likes

So good I had to copy it.

I know diddly squat about rocket science , but, being a bee, I should be aerodynamically impossible and, yet - here I am, buzzin’ about! Yay!

4 Likes

Dear Soo, wot aerodynamics has to say is that you can’t glide - as I suspect you will find you can’t.

Not to forget That Fish:

5 Likes

I can’t glide either. Not in air, anyway.

5 Likes

No. I definitely can’t glide. Hang on - I’ll try it.
Splot.
Darnit - I’ll have a wee drinkie from that there glass. Fish can glide across floors with Houndly assistance. I rest my case.

Soo xx

5 Likes

No gin for faithful hound.

5 Likes

Well, she does have a heady responsibility gliding That Fish about the house. Pore Dog - I’ll offer her some water and a bone.

She’s Gorgeous.

Bedtime forra bemused bee. Good nights, Cellarites,

Soo xx

5 Likes

Morning has broken.

Wasn’t me.

yardarm

5 Likes

I can gild.

In silver … &, I suspect, gold.

I went on a course & has a cerstifficate and everything.

6 Likes

Was it like the first one ?

6 Likes

Ulster Fry makings on the chafing dishes

Eggses cooked to order

6 Likes

Yesterday evening I hard-boiled some eggs, got rid of the cooking water & filled the pan with fresh cold water

For various reasons including Wine, I didn’t get round to peeling/shelling them until this morning.

Free Range eggs from Lidl , beautiful deep golden, almost orange yolks, & no nasty grey ring around the edges

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

There seems to be a blackbird shouting its head off in the garden.

5 Likes

An excellent reason, Dahlink

5 Likes

Wine is a wondrous excuse for avoiding all sorts of tasks

6 Likes