So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

I couldn’t possibly hate you soo. Even though You didn’t say “Please try not to hate me”.

(hee hee)

I was an avid Blyton reader too, soaked them all up when I was tiny but I remember preferring the Secret Seven to the Famous Five and my favourites were the Faraway Tree ones.

7 Likes

Internetty out of juice again here

Sigh

Will have to register my Sim Card to be able to top it up to comply with Noo Data Protection rules here

Sigh

That will be fun at the Hotel in the morning…

They also have to try to find my spare caravan key

Wilde Hilde thinks that she might have handed it in to ‘someone’ thinking that they had lorst it…

Christ onna Bike

It has been that sort of day…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I still love the Faraway Tree, in my imagination, TFM. I have pinned a ‘P’ to my pinafore.

Soo xx

7 Likes

[pourity] a Soothin’ Summat forra Harried Chatelaine.

6 Likes

Yes.
Soo xx

6 Likes

A large summat for a Chatelaine

And a few pitchers for bees mummies fishes and fowl

I have a lurgy and have taken Imodium

Draws a discrete veil over any descriptions of symptoms

Poppy juice pills are being took too

7 Likes

Poppy juice should help to ward off the veiled symptoms, Twellsy. Water and electrolytes, but you’ll know this. I should, possibly, mention the inadvisabilty of enthusiastic ingestion of suaerkraut. I’ll take it easy. forra few days :wink:

I remain an irritable bee, so I’ll buzz off to bed wishing all of my fellow Cellarites a good night’s sleep.

Soo xx

6 Likes

I am sipping iced peach tea and had toast with marmite to keep my innards working

A wise ballet teacher told me that it’s better to have something for the innards to overwork themselves on

I think she was a clever lady

7 Likes

I’d stay off the yeasty stuff, but I would say that, Twellsy.
Soo zzzzz

5 Likes

If there’s any sauerkraut going spare…?

Orf to me nest.

6 Likes

The Ma, who is much improved, sends thanks for kind good wishes.
M&S stll lemonade and Fevertree tonic wiv elderflower are doing wonders on the hysration front, and she had a vouplr of small meals, yay! But mainly it"s the antibios. She is now person-coloured, not corpse-looking
Fond waves to all. We’ve a fine downpour pouring down, as they tend to do.
Soothing vibes for Twellsy’s guts and Soo’s state of mind and Carinthia’s blood pressure
Gxxxx

8 Likes

Thanks for the update, Your Gusliness. A little bit of rain here during the night, but it’s passed now.

yardarm

6 Likes

Good to hear that Gus. I hope Twellsy is feeling better this morning too.

What does it say about me that I read that as ‘Your Guinness’ ? No, don’t tell me.

6 Likes

Waves yellow flag and collapses in bed beside the bathroom

7 Likes

Gin on the way!

[ker-POOM]

7 Likes

Oh poor Twellsy. The sparrer has sent gin so I don’t know what else to send besides sympathy, so sending skip loads of that.

6 Likes

It will pass I hope

Everything else appears to have passed

7 Likes

I do know about gin but a teaspoonful of salt and a tablespoon of sugar dissolved in warm water is in effect the same as the incredibly expensive sachets of rehydration-mix for people with a severe runny tum, and you don’t have to go to the chemist to get it. When you actually need it, it doesn’t taste as foul as it sounds, which surprised me a great deal. (It is also good for sunstroke patients and even just headaches-from-too-much-sun.)

Very finely grated raw apple – I mean grated on the lemon-zester bit of the grater so it is a mush, about two tablespoonfuls tops from one apple – is also good for stomach-settling and as a first-thing-to-eat. This came to me at different times from both a gypsy my mother knew, and a Canadian paediatric nurse: the latter had used it on the wards for babies who were too young for medication to be particularly safe for them.

6 Likes

I am sipping cold black tea with a spoonful of sugar and a healthy pinch of salt from the salt pig

More than a sip rebounds

Taking my normal meds is ahem done carefully

Loperamide is startingm to work

Whimper

I will bugga orf till I can be sociable

8 Likes

Tea would do as well as water, I guess.

7 Likes