So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Pore Twellsy! Gentle hugs and best wishes from me.

Good news about the Ma, Gus. UTI’s are the very devil.

I hope that your Internetty is returned easily, Carinthia.

Fish Quay, today and a trip to Lidl for store-cupboard essentials.

Soo xx

6 Likes

What does it say about me that I read that as ‘Your Guinness’ ?

That I’m good for you?

7 Likes

I’m certain that’s true, Gus :kissing_heart:

The Knitting Fishwife was on-duty, today, but her boss served us (she was up forra chat but was flapped away to serve someone else). My wallet is £40 lighter, but we bought:
2 x sea bass fillets
2 x salmon steaks
1 Large smoked haddock piece
1 large undoctored haddock piece
1 large hake piece
1 large piece of cod tail
Large bag of huge prawns
so we weren’t robbed.

Soo xx

6 Likes

I’m certain that you are, Gus.

Soo, please may I come for supper?

6 Likes

Have escaped to Pub. Wiv wifi. I do struggle on me ancient tiny android.
Ma is much better in herself but very weak.
However, supper has been ordered, so I shall be doing pork medallions with a mushroom sauce, a baked tomato, French beans and about seven oven chips. I feel this is a Promising Sign.

Hope Twellers is improving and our Chatelaine reconnected.
Gxxxx

8 Likes

Anytime, Darling. Although tonight’s menu may disappoint - cauli steak (I know), falafels, kale and rich tomato sauce, by the side. Mr Bee will chow down on garlic bread - I shan’t.

I feel that you are a Good Daughter and the meal sounds a lot less veggified than mine. I hope that Ma is able to do justice to your excellent cuisine. Hugs for her from a bee - don’t freak her out, mind.

Soo xx

7 Likes

Oh, Soo, have no fere: she is very well disposed to Bees. And she knows about That Poodle. She has a Poodly Friend, Dan, who sits on her feet at committee meetings.

Oh, and Fishly-Dunnocks: the beauty and obvious intelligence of a certain Hound have been much admired.

Did I mention the malingering old trout clobbered me at cribbage earlier? And I was doing all the shuffling/dealing/pegging… Rude, I call that
Gxxxxx

8 Likes

You clearly weren’t using the Speshul Shuffle… try 6 nimmt some time, it’s dead cutthroat wiv two.

6 Likes

Welk, I don’t rule it oit on my account: but cribbage is what we do, iyswim… Gin rummy at times.

6 Likes

Still sounds good to me soo, but if I’m honest I’d prefer the sea bass or (esp) the hake.

6 Likes

Next time, then, TFM.
Soo xx

6 Likes

I got all nostalgic after we mentioned the Faraway Tree books last night, so I’ve had a little google to remind myself about them - and I am horrified to discover that they’ve been Politically Corrected in recent reprints…

Dame Slap has become Dame Snap (cos we can’t have children being slapped, can we?) and there are now no references to fighting so the goblins are merely ‘chased off’ rather than being fought and pummelled (cos children will turn out violent if they read about fighting, I guess, like soo and I did I suppose).

Oh, and Fanny and Dick are now Frannie and Rick, FFS.

Moan, moan, grumble and groan.

6 Likes

I am feeling that survival is a possibility
Toast might stay put…

I hates bugs
And lurgies

7 Likes

Well, I have the original stories in my safe-keeping, so that I may subvert any passing children. What have ‘they’ done to Grimms? I have those nasty little tales safely locked away, too.

Only right and proper. I do hope that the toast stays put and does some good, Twellsy. I was a teeny bit brave in eating that which I have, considering the copious amounts of sauerkraut I ate, yesterday (yes, there’s quite a lot left, Hedgers). Self-inflicted ‘upsetness’ and I’m not trying to compete.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Evening, Darlings

Finally reconnected after a trip to the Post Office this afternoon with my Passport to register my Sim card

Christ onna Bike

Christus auf ein Fahrrad

I used the Hotel Wi-Fi this morning & established that I could do all this online, but that would involve scanning my Passport & taking a Selfie…

Ahem & Snork !

Another thing which has taken up a lot of time has been the search for my spare caravan key

Wilde Hilde has, indeed, lost it , 'cos I got them to open the safe at the Hotel & I checked through God knows how many keys ,& it wasn’t there. This afternoon we asked Joseph to check in the Camping Office, & it wasn’t there either

Not earth-shattering, but nevertheless, has been going on for over a year now

Sigh & Spit

I hope that Slammers are available…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Oh Soo I hope I have not passed my lurgy to you

I saw 5 bees on my sunflower plant earlier

Feasting on the nectar and pollen they were and I was delighted to see your relatives

7 Likes

You really haven’t, Twellsy. Apparently, when commencing a sauerkraut-containing diet, one is supposed to start small (a teaspoonful of the brine, initially) and progress to two forkfuls daily over a month. I ate easily two forkfuls on Monday and prolly five with my salt beef, yesterday. Self-inflicted.

I’m very glad that you’re reconnected, Carinthia. The key izza bit of a mystery. Would this be a security risk, where you are?

Soo xx

6 Likes

[slammerity] forra Needful Carinthia.

6 Likes

Not really, Soo, it’s just annoying.

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Well - annoying is azzit says on its tin, Carinthia.

Wot would you care-to-share afore bedtime?

Soo xx

5 Likes