So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Hospital appointment in Kilkenny at 10.10 this morning.

Still waiting…

5 Likes

Have an Hug, Joe

Tenters Hitched here

Funeral this afternoon at the Crem. I wouldn’t be missed if I didn’t go, but feel that I ought to go,so I will

I’ll have an 'Normous Medicinal when I get back

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I’ll start pourin’ now.

5 Likes

Well the news is that l am now officially discharged from St Luke’s OPD. Still have to get the dressing done till the leg’s fully healed, but that’s it. There may be one or two small celebratory drinks this evening. And rather more large ones.

6 Likes

Hurrah!

5 Likes

Hurrah, joe! That’s very good news. Now we all need to think healing for the remaining wound, don’t we.

(Memory from a Rosemary Sutcliff book: “If your mother’s Nice Nourishing Broth could grow me a new leg, I’d be a centipede by now.”)

5 Likes

Goin’ to a brewpub in Hackney tonight; first drink is for you, Joe.

5 Likes

Yay, joe - way to go!
Great news.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Yaaay
Joe is fixed

I have a gorgeous crown from this morning

It’s hard to see the difference from the real toofs

I am now curing the paint on the BBQ

This involves sitting in the sun with a St Austell Tribute

Reward for painting it after I had sanded and cleaned it

6 Likes

Delighted to hear it, Joe

Liberates 'Normous Medicinal

Proffers Prescription Champagne :champagne::cocktail:

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

You know that feeling when you’re sitting at your desk, minding your own business, when suddenly you get the sense that you’re being watched…?

7 Likes

They’re just glad to have you back, joe. I hope that they haven’t been menacing the hospital staff, mind you.

When does the party start? And, what’s innit for The Hens? Best to keep them happy, after all.

Soo xx

5 Likes

I have plans for a hen next week

Errrrrrm it involves naked hen and high heat

5 Likes

And a beer can up its jacksy, Twellsy?
Glad about the toof.
I have discovered that our favourite restaurant by Loch Tay (we’ll be going to that area a week tomorrow) has had a catastrophic fire and doesn’t appear to be open for business. Plus, the local deli (which sold excellent smoked goods and loads of other stuff to make bees happy) appears to be shut. Mr Bee is very disappointed, indeed. I have pointed out job losses, distress to locals etc…
Ugh.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Buggeration, Soo

Tonight there will be Rump Steak wiv Martyr & Red Onion Salad , if there are any takers

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

It must be steak night

We have minute steaks a la bbq

Soo you are right about the beer can

6 Likes

Oooh, steak! rare please… I’ll make me own chips-in-the-oven and garlic-baked tomatoes.

5 Likes

Anyone who fancies it is welcome to the Gushut for linguine wiv tomato, garlic, bacon & asparagus…

5 Likes

You’ve just given me that rarest of things, a welcome earworm, which I have no qualms about sharing:

5 Likes

A panel on the right of my screen is asking me if my reply improves the conversation in some way. I doubt that very much, but I’m replying all the same because I’m thrilled to have rediscovered the cellar!

I don’t expect anyone remembers me since I really wasn’t very memorable but I used to join you in the cellar in my previous incarnation (Daughter of Manannan) years and years ago in the BBC cellar days. And if there’s one thing I remember about it - apart from lots of lovely people, obviously - it’s the freely available booze.

So any chance of a drink? I could do with one.

7 Likes