So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

I think there may be no pleasure greater than being able to give someone you love something that they want, need and think beautiful, and that you also feel is beautiful. It was a lovely feeling and a really good birthday present for me as well as a very belated one for her.

I was given a loaf tin the right shape for the blackberry-and-apple cakes, because we saw it in Lakeland. That is a very strange shop: there are some things in it that are exactly the right thing for doing a particular job, but it’s hard to find them amidst all the crap. You need to know exactly what you want (in this case Kendal Mint Cake for my brother: Lakeland is one of the few places you can buy it down south) and be prepared to go past aisle after aisle of rather expensive and totally unnecessary gubbins. Really not a shop for browsing.

6 Likes

Hedgers gave me Pointy Things:

The smallest is 8cm long when open, 4.5cm closed; the largest is 28cm and 16cm, and all are sharp enough to shave with.

7 Likes

11 doesn’t seem to exist, and 01 is a keyring.

6 Likes

A belated Happy Birthday to Fanta, sounds like you had a good day with Sudden Daughter :grinning:

As Just Janie said, I really like Denby, especially the pasta bowls. When I made my last purchase they told me in the shop that Denby sell more of the pasta bowls than plates because they are so useful for other recipes as well.

The factory near Belper is a fun way to spend a couple of hours and the cafe is a good pit stop if you need refuelling and happen to be in the area :grinning:

8 Likes

It is about two and a half hours away from here by motorway, so I won’t be doing it for a day-trip!

8 Likes

There is a lot of truth in this, Fishers. I’m glad that you had such a good time with Sudden Daughter.

Today has been a walk in the rain (12°C - wotthehell - izz this azz good azz it gets from now on?) and then a viewing of Stan & Ollie which we both found rather weepy but well-acted. Bread has just emerged from its Maker and I’ll prepare some veg and salmon kebabs.

Armrest - your report of Mrs Shanks’ ability to quell amoebae had me in kinks. She really is Surprising and I admire her. Don’t tell her if that might unnerve her.

Soo xx

8 Likes

He had said something like “as I told someone else, only last week …” before she decided to eviscerate him. I was initially stood behind her, in his eyeline, shaking my head, mouthing “no … no” and waving my hands in a “don’t, please God don’t” manner. After that I could only watch. It was like observing a slow motion car crash, hoping it wouldn’thapoen but knowing it would.

… and he continued. Extolling the virtues of the very ovens that were not the ones she wanted. (A pair of which we now have &, I must say, are very good).

Ugly.

9 Likes

Snorkity Snork !

I spent a very pleasant hour this afternoon, drinking White Port & eating 3 different English cheeses

My guest was the Noo Director

Am abit shaky this evening,as usual onna Sunday & will not leave it until Stoopeed o’ Clock to take the tablets

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

We have a handful of competitors on today’s rally hoping to have times on one stage adjusted to account for a delay caused by cattle on the stage … we have decided that no queries will be entertained unless evidence is presented, accompanied by pepper sauce :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That’s Good To Know, Carinthia. Hugs, azzevva.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Thank-you Soo

I have severial things to do tomorrow, & will need to engage my brain. Last Monday was a write-off

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

[fevvery hugs] forra Carinthia.

Bin out blackberrying wiv That Fish.

5 Likes

Thank-you, Dunnock

Were you blackberrying by torchlight or moonlight?

The Harvest Moon was absolutely stunning last night

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

No; we were out before sunset. Then there was Much Food including Failed Blackberry Cake [happy erpity].

5 Likes

[happy erpity]

Always a good thing.

Bed time for a bee, shortly.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Best dreams, all.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Good night, wee Bee. Good night all
G xx

5 Likes

Don’t ferget yer Gin, Soo

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

yardarm

8 Likes

Morning all

Bacon butties ready

Loaves out in 10

Can you have the trebuchet ready and aimed chatelainewards wee birdie please?

7 Likes