So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Spitting fings out prolly goes against the Midge Code anyway.

Would Scotland run out of midges before I ran out of midge-poisoning blood? Prolly not, really.

yardarm

5 Likes

Given that the little blighters have managed an extra hatching, this season, I think that a Spadger, no matter how toxic, would be quickly spent. The weather forecast is a good deal better than we’d imagined:

Soo xx

5 Likes

Been shopping with Them. Amused to see what is now in the Old People Music rack at the garden centre (see bottom right).

I thought the idea of buying wool was that you didn’t have to pick all the evidence of sheeply life out of it?

6 Likes

I have been shopping and bought a nofficial rugger shirt

XL

I need 2XL

I thought rugger types were big gentle types

6 Likes

I have no doubt you will

5 Likes

Which one?

5 Likes

It’s off to bed, for me - fairly early start, in the morn.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

5 Likes

We have a wedding to go to tomorrow. Good people but it’s in Darkest Essex.

5 Likes

I don’t know much about thereabouts, Hedgers. Romans and the North Sea figure, which makes it all a bit less strange fer yer bee. Good People is always a Good Start - I hope that you have fun.

Soo xxzz

5 Likes

It’s fair to say “there’s Essex, & there’s Essex.”

I love county Essex, I even like Southend & Leigh, but a lot of Estuary Essex is a challenge. Enjoy it Hedgers, be prepared to give it yer very best ‘aw-wite’.

5 Likes

When I worked in Southend for a while my mates told me to go out and buy a Stanley knife 'cos I’d need it.

They hadn’t met me Bruvver of course…

yardarm

5 Likes

The only bit of Essex I know at all is a charming village with a little stone church and cottages with roses round their doors and everything about it Rural and lovely; my friend lives in such a cottage, with low wooden ceilings and plaster between beams for the walls. The only thing that isn’t pure picture-skew is that the roof is not thatched.

5 Likes

Gus dear

I am in Oireland so I bought a green rugby shirt

Takes me back to my teenage years when it was a craze for us and wear a rugby shirt and jeans to the youth club disco

Rebellious brats that we were

6 Likes

Found the right sub part of the venue, eventually. Still in plenty of time as I allowed 15 minutes for paranoia.

5 Likes

No explosions and nobody drownded.

6 Likes

The speeches were much more fun if I imagined the groom’s family were the local mob and every story might end with “and so we buried him in Epping Forest”.

There is apparently no polite convention for saying “I know the bride because her previous husband was a good mate of mine and he introduced us”. But “I knew her when we were both working in London” covers for many things.

6 Likes

Sniggle.
Soo xx

7 Likes

We’re happily ensconced in our ‘chalet’. The weather for our journey was warm and sunny and we weren’t greeted by bluddy midges. Tomorrow, we’ll visit Achnahaird:

and pop into Fuaran Bar, for lunch:

Happy bees. How are all else doing?
Soo xx

6 Likes

We went to a huge Marks and Spensive for soft furnishings

A cushion of embroidered :honeybee: felt into my trolley

Sadly no fish or fowl were available

6 Likes

I tipped it in, just because, Twellsy. Fish can be slippy, fowl can be flighty, but bees are fuzzy and warm and will stay in place for embroidery.

Off to bed. Best nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

6 Likes