So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

The former is a bore but one can hope for nothing bad from it.

The latter is unconstitutional and a completely unreasonable imposition. Why couldn’t they fit you in at some more reasonable hour, say when much of the population is at work?

I have discovered that not one but two independent bookshops have opened within five miles of here during the past year. I don’t know whether this means that there are four eternal optimists living local, or that it means the market for new books has picked up.

Incidentally, does the new verbal tic of using “whether” instead of “or” in long lists of possibilities irritate anyone else? “Whether the stairs, whether the roof, whether the garden fence, something is sure to need repairs” doesn’t seem to me to be an improvement on “Whether the stairs or the roof or the garden fence, something is sure to need repairs”. Maybe I am getting old and grumpy. Grumpier.

4 Likes

I hadn’t really noticed that one. I will now and, yes, will be irritated by it.
Thank you.

<ooooh, bookshops.

5 Likes

Report from someone who goes to it as much as he can is that one of them is nice but probably not viable; the other opened last November and is an unknown unknown, so I might wander in there some time.

4 Likes

My GP Surgery are taking over the management of my Methotrexate from the Orsepiddle,so this is the first blood test in just over 3 months. I’m actually very grateful that we have such things onna Saturday,& a walk-in GP Service onna Saturday & Sunday too.When I get my act together (!) I will try to organise them for more convenient times, but the Surgery is Very Busy, & the building works still aren’t finished

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

It’s Very Good to Know that you are being well cared-for, Carinthia. I hope that the dental check-up was a mere formality xx I have a medication review with my less than caring practice, tomorrow. Given the length of time since my last review, I fully expect the hobs of hell to rain down upon me. We’ll see.

Went to the Fish Quay, yesterday, with friend H. We had a bite to eat at the Taphouse (Carinthia knows this place) and enjoyed a selection of tapas in a warm and convivial proper pub. Unfortunately, the Fishwives were silenced by a Fishbloke, who doesn’t hold with gossiping. Never mind.

DD and SiL will arrive tomorrow evening. They’ll be off to Leeds (cousin visiting) on Saturday, so I am just taking a guess as to what to prepare, foodwise. They’ll return to us on Sunday evening and DD has a Very Important Interview in Sterling on Monday but will return to us in the evening and stay until Wednesday afternoon… It’s all a tad barking, but at least we’ll have That Poodle for the duration.

Good news about the bookshops, Fishers. I do love second-hand books, but there is something about a New Book - the smell and feel, I suppose - that quickens the pulse. Sad bee :wink:

Soo xx

6 Likes

Hem.

Orf into That London for a quiet pint or two (then eleventeen noisy ones).

5 Likes

Give the Poodle a furfle for me please

7 Likes

I shall!

LadySusan’s cat tales had me in kinks, by the way. Should have said at the time.

Soo xx

8 Likes

< ping > < thud > < bonggg > < ooof >

That, dere Cellarites, is the sound of a Gus bouncing off the walls. Any why is that?, I hear you ask.
Because I went to a friend’s for a cup of tea. And a napple-strudel slice and two (dolly-sized) doughnuts. And I took some florentines, result of a foray into our newly opened Aldi, for evaluation purposes. Again, only tiny, but I had two of them. That is probably more sugar than I eat in a normal week, all at once. < boing! > < splat! >

The ‘specially selected’ florentines are, in our considered opinion, really rather good. This has been a Public Service Announcement.

7 Likes

Oof

Wottan afternoon

The Dentist had time to do what was necessary, so I have had a buckle filling & a tooth built up which had almost collapsed. The Dentist thought that it might be acid erosion, but I am inclined to think that itizz medication & stress

Liberates Pitcher

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Is that done with for a bit then, I hope?

4 Likes

I luuuurve Florentines. A product sadly lacking in Florence btw.

Boinggg !!

5 Likes

I gave this book to the, it must be said, rather surprised Mrs. Armrest some time ago.

The Victorian Art of Erotic Furtling meant placing your index & middle finger inappropriately into photographs with holes cut whete legs, arms “etc.” would be.

6 Likes

I hope so, Fishy

I then decided to be brave & call at Late Brother’s Solicitors’ office

Fambly Friend had said that there were a few Fambly Bits there

I collected a Waterford Crystal Table Lamp wot one of the Irish Cousins had made for our Mother, a vase & a painting & a box of odds & sods

Very little to mark a life, really

Have been Flumping & Pondering ever since

Soo, the Fishbloke can just Sod Orff

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

So he can, Carinthia. The Knitting Fishwife wasn’'t on shift. The loveable, but taciturn, other one made sure to gain our attention after the Fishbloke had rather spoiled our visit.
Soo xx

4 Likes

We have the old Epic & Biblical again, so it looks as though it will be the Black Negligible & Black Raincoat Combo tonight

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Is this Bin Fettling or just fetish wear?

5 Likes

Strangled Snork

Cheeky Chuff

Bin Fettling

Of course

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

If you need to choose, you ain’t doing yer fetish right.

Wheeeeee tiddly tseep.

4 Likes

Tsk. Degenerate Bird. Good pints?

5 Likes