So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Uurrrkkk

Went for my blood test at 8-30am

Had another moment of ‘not existing’ as the Nurse , who is lovely BTW, had no idea that my brother was my brother

Went to Mass at 10am as itizz 3 years since friend’s Father died . It is also 22 years today since my Mother died.

Went into town, as I needed to buy fuses, ‘cos I can’ find mine

Bought Porkie Pie. Thick Martyr Sossinges, (a rarity),& Cheese, so we should be ok forra while…

After I have Flumped I will have to start clearing the bathroom

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

[voosh]
Need any help with that porkie pie, Carinthia?

3 Likes

There izzan Hefty Piece (!) wiv your name onnit, Dunnock

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Some things one is supposed never to lose the knack of, like riding a bicycle. OK, that one is a big fat LIE, but bear with me.

When I were but a small Guslet, I could get the last molecules out of a crisp packet, no problem; pulverise the last tiny crisps and tip the whole lot into wide open gob - job done. Well, being in the privacy of me own home, with not even the cat around to set a bad example to, I was loath to leave any Smoky Bacon deliciousness to the enemy and resurrected the tried and trusted technique.

Ten minutes later, I have almost stopped coughing. In a few years we may find out whether small particles of smoky bacon lodged in the lungs cause crisposis.

6 Likes

Please don’t choke to death, Gus. It would disconcert the cat sunnink rotten.

6 Likes

I didn’t, quite ;- )

The said quadruped has returned and is currently disconcerted in the extreme. He wanted his lunch - nay, he was starving - so as I ladled out the chow, he was stretching up to the counter with an imploring paw: a paw which just happened to nudge a Bramley apple perched near the edge.
Does he blame himself? Does he blame gravity? Does he heckaslike! I am a wicked, apple-hurling Cat Beater, that’s what I apparently am. lthough he is now steadying his shattered nerves with a little chicken in jelly…

6 Likes

Or at least have the timing, & good grace to do so on Monster Munch. At least that would grow the legend … of you AND the snack.

5 Likes

You are blameless; I am not.

Yesterday I trod on Heidi’s paw (don’t worry, not hard) as I came in the door and she got tangled in my feet in her eagerness for food. Afterwards, you could see the two ideas working in her catty brain: one, avoid the foot-squishing monster, two, said monster provides dinner. She went halfway up the stairs and peered at me through the railings while I apologised profusely, followed me to the kitchen keeping a safe distance, fled underneath a chair while I put her food on the tray and waited for me to step away from the food before chowing down.

She seems to have forgotten about it today.

6 Likes

I am at the plague pit with yon Bull what needs an eye looked at after he managed to hit the peeper with a cable end while dismantling the entertainment corner and moving it

This involves a lot of assorted cables

7 Likes

Ouch. Pore Bull. Hope no lasting damage has been done.

6 Likes

Oh, poor Bull! Best wishes to him.

6 Likes

He squints a thank you to all

7 Likes

Buggrit. Give A my best.

6 Likes

What stinking bad luck! I hope it turns out not to be too serious.

6 Likes

Well, I guess I can say quite confidently that direct intracranial satellite TV feed doesn’t work terribly well, better stick to using a receiver and telly :sunglasses:

6 Likes

No serious damage, I trust? (To you, that is. Feck the TV.)

4 Likes

Waiting for eye drops to take effect so doc can look at the back of the eye, but hopefully it’s just something that will get better itself … drops only in one eye so I can still drive home!

5 Likes

In other news [hastily dons body armour], fresh bread just out of oven…

5 Likes

When Feral was at a certain infernal ISP, one of the admins looked down an STM-1 (transatlantic communication fibre full of laser light) “to see what would happen”. Half an hour later he could see again out of that eye.

4 Likes

You’re learning, joe dere

4 Likes