So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

It is a belief of mine that boredom causes more damage than heavy drinking, most recreational drugs and [in the context of civilian life, anyway] Enemy Action.

4 Likes

I am part way through cooking a roast dinner. Yes, just for me. And I am wondering what possessed me.

Anyone want to come round for roastporkapplesauceroastpotatoescarrot&parsnipmashcheesyleekscabbage&gravy?

7 Likes

Form an orderly queue!

5 Likes

I have 1 Sharpened Elbow in the bread queue, & the other izzin the RoastDinnerWivGus queue .

\______/ Bread Plate

\______/ Roast Dinner Plate

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I’m joining the queue too, yum.

I have just (accidentally) been listening to some woman presenting Profile on R4. Please, what is this ‘mare of New York’ she keeps waffling on about?

6 Likes

I Have you tried running in body armour and compression stockings, carrying a plate?

7 Likes

Possibly ‘the horse on Seventh Avenue’?

5 Likes

No, but that’s cool*, joe. No kink-shaming in the Cellar

• anything but, I would imagine
7 Likes

Ah! That’ll be it.

I have now looked her up, Becky Milligan is the name. Perhaps words of more than one syllable befuddle her.

4 Likes

Why does ortokorrekt insist on substituting “armpit” for “armour”?

5 Likes

Dunno, but I’m jolly glad you corrected it. Body armpit and compression stockings had me very puzzled. Not surprised necessarily, just puzzled.

5 Likes

McCloud ??

5 Likes

I think the conclusion here is direct intra-cranial optical data connecttons don’t work any better than TV, he was lucky! I guess I am too, come to that, although my attempt was more accidental (eye is “concussed”, should just recover itself - no lasting damage).

Lesson for the day: keep safe, folks!

6 Likes

i am very glad to hear it, Ebony Bull. Very nasty nonetheless. I hope you are not in too much discomfort. Take things easy and avoid cables forra bit, eh?

5 Likes

I now have a noo headtorch, 'cos the old one is a bit tired. This is more in the “how many lumens” category, so I’ve bin out forra walk.

I used it to get through the woods to the golf course, at which point I could see by sky-glow.

4 Likes

You want a torch with the power of 1 million candles, you do.

5 Likes

What I want is this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20081008112857/http://web.mit.edu/jcb/humor/billion-watt-light-bulb

5 Likes

I have no body armour, but am wearing compression gloves too…

Proffers Pitchers

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

< wearier SIGH than usual >

Get yer raw Sparrers now, while stocks last.

5 Likes

Friend of yours, is he, Bird?

4 Likes