So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Bin out. Now in the pub. Is that non-political enough?

7 Likes

TFM

We lived in a very loyalist area of Norn Iron

The Bull has a S Ireland accent

So double glazed windows lasted 48 hours before being smashed again and car windows were fair game too
I couldn’t walk to the butcher’s 50 yards away without being spat on and kicked or thumped
This was after peace supposedly broke out

8 Likes

Ah, the Dunnock. I learned summat today: that Manx for Hedge Sparrow is boght keeir. Not all that interesting in itself, but a literal translation of boght keeir would be ‘dark grey poor bird’.

Aww!

6 Likes

Bloody hell! Twellsy, that’s terrible. I’m so glad things are better for you now.

8 Likes

TFM

We were lucky in being able to leave and buy a house in a very quiet place in the south west

And the knowledge that nobody here will try to hurt us came slowly but now we have it and feel joy in our efforts to make our house work for us

8 Likes

The dunnock is the little brown fing.

6 Likes

Well I would have said so, yes. But that is the name.

Some of the other names wot I have learned (well I’ll soon forget, but…) are much better descriptions. I particularly like ‘Swallow - Gollan geayee (Wind fork)’, ‘Goldfinch - Lossey ny Keylley (Flame of the forest)’ and Peregrine - ‘Shirragh yn Ree (Sharp hook of the king)’.

7 Likes

Vulture - hungry bastich.

6 Likes

But… today is not a Thursday.
confused dot gus

6 Likes

It’s prolly still in the pub’ Gus…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Prolly. I only recently left. And am eating crisps on a train in defiance of our betters and in the hope of magically making the younger generation fatter. Calories consumed on public transport are transferable, apparently.

7 Likes

Snork! But, I wish I could have been there, Gus, to spread the lurve.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Buzzin’ orff to bed.
Well done, to those who’ve Fought their Good Fights, today.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Medicinal Gin, Soo ?

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Possibly best, Carinthia.
Vodka, for our Chatelaine?
Soo xx

6 Likes

'M’ome. Eating a cheese sandwich that I managed to forget all day, and which would not have been happy if left overnight. Bed. Marching is surprisingly more tiring than dog-walking.

7 Likes

Best dreams, Fishers.
Soo xx

5 Likes

You can’t be too careful, thass wot I slur…

You would have to have brought your own. Just because X00,000 people and I happen to agree about one monumentally stupid thing doesn’t mean I love them or wish them well. Mostly quite the reverse, I assure you.

And you can now go to bed secure in the knowledge that All Is Normal

Sleep well, wee Bee
Gxxx

5 Likes

Humans are dimmer on the whole, and far less interesting, than DDD, And she didn’t get walked on London pavements and you could stride out properly and so on. So, not surprising. Worthwhile, though.
Sleep well, Fishy.

6 Likes

Am not Bluddy surprised, Fishy - slowness, without any rhythmn, & crowded

I couldn’t have contemplated it

'Normous Minnow End should be consumed

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes