So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Good. I am concerned for us, both.

Soo zzzz

5 Likes

And to add insult to injury, or possibly further injury to injury, it was the right leg that had all the problems last year. Soddit

Thankfully, there are no particular contra-indications (some of them can be quite nasty…)

5 Likes

Having bought 350g of mushrooms fer 12p, there will be Mushroom Soup tomorrow

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

< checks airworthiness of broomstick, polishes Lucky Spoon, digs out winter-weight flight bloomers >

6 Likes

I had a Danish friend who used to swallow Metronidazole/Flagyl with Whaite Waine , until they had to summon an ambulance…

She did live until she was 85 though…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Yikes - that’s one of the problem ones!

Probably built up a fairly strong resistance to pretty well anything…

5 Likes

True,Joe

Shw was pretty damned amazing all round, really

Works well on bones though, & dental problems

Mr C used to take another sort, & I likened it to Domestos…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Danes can cope with that language of theirs, after all.

Meanwhile Glorious Skoda is loaded and I seem to have half an hour to spare that I could have spent sleeping. (This after having spontaneously woken seven minutes before the alarm.) Ah well, at least this year I didn’t wake up to a fridge-induced power cut.

6 Likes

…or a power-cut-induced fridge

6 Likes

Morning all

I tucked a loaf of bacon butties in the Skoda for you wee birdie

I have the fancy Italian making the BIIIIIIIG pot of tea for us tea drinkers

Tea is nectar and goes well with bacon butties

6 Likes

Wouldn’t you prefer one that’s already good & not required to practice ?

… my best swishes to all the sick of the parish.

6 Likes

How are you and the surprising One?

How’s her arm?

6 Likes

Physio on Monday, good progress. The physio effectively told her to stop playing within herself and go through the pain barrier. Mrs A’s been, unsurprisingly, concerned that things might not be progressing but is now persuaded to ‘push’ matters along.

10 weeks on Saturday. They said 12 before it would be moving more normally. I suspect a couple extra but it’s sort of ‘as advertised’.

7 Likes

Oh good news then

I am surprised constantly by folk who do exercises when with physioterrorists but do nothing until next appointment

And complain that physio has not worked

They give you exercises for good reason!

So give her my sympathy and tell her from me that exercises actually work

7 Likes

Deliberately driving though puddles again, Armers? Tsk

Encouraging news of the Surprising One. < encouraging wave, sympathetic wince >

6 Likes

In the absence of That Bird, probably hurtling down a road somewhere, I shall call a

yardaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarm!





Meanwhile, I came downstairs and opened the blind to see a completely unknown BMW on the drive, nose down towards the house. Luckily I got email telling me that it was legit before I had called the police to ask advice about it....
7 Likes

Now, HOW ‘legit’ precisely and would calling in the rozzers have caused ishoos ?

7 Likes

Belongs to the friend who is travelling with Hedgers to That Furrin, and calling in the rozzers would have wasted their time and made him cross.

7 Likes

Ooo nowt irritates peelers like being called to a suspicious vehicle that is legally parked and has good reason to be there

This is a nugget from many years of experience

Policing an area with a shopping main street and loads of streets of terraced houses leading off said shopping road

If a car is legally parked on a side street outside a busybody’s house while the owner goes to the butcher the greengrocer the hardware shop and so on it is 99.999999999% guaranteed no to be a car bomb!

8 Likes

Mushroom Soup is almost ready

Broomstick Parking available

Not possible to send any by Trebuchet , so Travelling Birdies will have to have summat else

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes