So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

I have spent most of the day dreaming up gifts for people and ordering them, plus suggesting gifts for various family members. My brain and wallet are a bit stunned, so I’ll shuffle off.

Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

6 Likes

Not a clue about being sprung

In the exciting life of the ward I lost my canula so in the search for a vein I took off my silver torque bracelet

My skin is so thin from steroids that I have two wounds and I am being contrary and bleeding

So I am wandering around with a narm covered in plasters

7 Likes

Gin, ,Darling

You need Gin

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

When ordering all those pressies, don’t forget yours

https://www.aldi.ie/boyle's-gin-tasting-pack/p/019097290739800

ETA: Great minds, Carinthia!

5 Likes

Buggeration, Twellsy. A feeling I know all too well. I think I mentioned the day five different people, from nurse up to anaesthetist, to try to find a vein to take a sample? Each had a few goes, so I ended up looking like an extra from Trainspotting

6 Likes

The arrow never left the bow and St. Sebastian died of fright, right?

4 Likes

That’s what it says in the official report.

(I am at a quiz. Fortunately there is beer.)

4 Likes

They won’t Bluddy well spring you if you are being Bluddy Daft, Twellsy

Sigh

"I lost my cannula ‘’

Gawds

I don’t like the sound of plasters on thin fragile skin .At least try to be careful

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I hear no brass band…

5 Likes

Well, I have had an invigorating time taping cardboard over the cat flap that no longer has a flap as such due to me kicking it (there were Reasons; namely Oaf beng in and there being noises off, and i thought it might teach whoever a lesson. But the door flew off into the outer dark and dampness. Oaf will be greatly incommoded, so I have installed a litter tray on the mat by the door… he must know what they are for, she said hopefully) Oh well, it was a bit broken anyway, and let in draughts a bit. Nothing like the icy blast round me ankles tonight, though.
But this means my tomorrow must now include dashing around Sarf Lunnon trying to find a flap of the exact dimensions to refit. Gah. And I had planned a bit of peaceful baking and suchlike.

Not on a par with lost cannulas, but still Bluddy Annoying, not least because it is All My Own Fault.

Ears pricked for the sound of a returning Fishy.

6 Likes

Yerss, Gus

Although swimming silently is more the Fishly style

Shall I charge up my 'Lectric Screwdriver fer the morrow ?

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Please.
For use on cat flap or on Cat, depending on how the day unfolds

G xxx

5 Likes

I am home, I am safe, I have braved the lorries and the spray and the idiots this morning in grey cars with no lights in the spray and the fool doing about 120mph who suddenly realised he had missed his turning and cut across my bows with about two foot to spare…

The convention was good.

I forgot to mention, Carinthia: I was told that onions are not meant to be opened for a fortnight, so they may be better later.

Tired

Bed

5 Likes

Hurrah! for a homed Fish and a good Convention, and many murrains and plagues of the more interesting sort on the Fools of the Road.
I am wreathed in virtue, having finished the body weaving of a pair of earrings for the Ma’s Advent Thingy raffle. Very posh, they are: ‘wedding lace’ pattern Russian leaves. Now comes the fun bit, attaching them (when me new small little jump rings come) and stiffening them (do NOT talk to me about Everbrite ProtectaClear unless you are licensed for advanced swearing).

And we have yet to see if the Oaf remembers what a litter tray is for. Don’t worry, I shall keep you posted. I’m sure there’s a mop cupboard and cleaning fluids somewhere in the Cellar.

Goodnight all

Gus

5 Likes

Yes Fishy

They need to mature a bit more.

Gus, do have a Pitcher

You have had a trying day

Sweep well, Fishy

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I have just made my taking-to-bed tea but on reflection, this bottle of wine is severely wounded and I might as well put it out of its misery.
As trying days go, mine has been a breeze really. However, if I am up to my ankles in cat ordure tomorrow, I reserve the right to revise that grading.
Howsabout a pitcher fer yer good self, dear Chatelaine?
I shall sleep the better for knowing a Fish is back in its rightful weed, though.
G xxx

6 Likes

That would be lovely, thank-you

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Canula was in my thumb just on the first knuckle

It worked loose and fell out of the joint and because the sticky thing trying to hold the thing in place could not get purchased on the thumb the thing fell on the bed

A new hell is the wake up of the patient to nebulise her and check blud sugar is up to no tricks

6 Likes

On a Sunday?

Hah and pah. That’s what the next jar is for.

It’s a kindness, really.

“You didn’t even eat that much!”

Woken by the sound of heavy rain wot turns out to be next door’s shower. Mostly this place has decent sound insulation.

yardarm

6 Likes

Today is a Sunday so, well, yes…
The cardboard was removed overnight. I did not hear this happening. It is rather cold round me ankles.

6 Likes