So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Dear wee pusscat just wanted to help you Gus

They can be kind like that

7 Likes

Hmmmm. I adored my Siamese Sisters, but they rarely gave the appearance of helpfulness.

We’re going out for lunch with DS and DiL. I am hoping that the pub staff have lit the fire, azzit is bally cold today.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Late MiL is in an older ‘flatter’ type of Fambly grave, & the flower vase on hers, being more exposed than the other 2, was icy yesterday.

I have just put the heating on at Carinthia Towers

Enjoy your Lunch, Soo

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

About to hurtle back nestwards. May be chilly but at least it’s dry ish.

6 Likes

Hurtle safely wee birdie

I may need gin later

At least the clinic is in a port city so that the tankers can deliver thus saving wings for glass raising duties

Wee birdies need a drink after a long drive

7 Likes

We have a cat flap. It’s still in its box, but we have one. In fact, according to the French, what I have is a Chatière Verrouillable. Which sounds much nicer and très raffine, I am sure you will agree.
Pets at Home was effing useless. The flaps are in a locked cupboard, the assistant knew bugger-all about them and seemed not to understand that I needed one of the same dimensions as the existing hole though which an icy blast is, well, blasting) and most of them are full of electronic cat-recognition wizardry - one boasts it can remember 32 microchipped cats. I don’t want to set up passport effing control at my back door. But possibly an array of state-of-the-art cat flaps would be a solution to the Irish border issue.
B&Q don’t do them. Argos does, but not the right sort. But the independent pet shop did have the right kind and were happy for me to take it out of its box to check it really was suitable. Why didn’t I go there first? Simple geography/bus strategy.
Absolutely knackered by the time I had been there and done a swift hazelnut raid on Lidl, so I sort of accidentally-on-purpose fell into the pub to regroup. Must say, after an improvement yesterday, I am feeling utterly crap again today.

Now I have the fun of removing the old one and fitting this. Why isn’t there a grown-up around to do this kind of thing?

Why do people take their children shopping with them on roller skates? Just, why? And there is never a steamroller or particularly thorny hedge around when one needs one.

And why are jeggings manufactured in the massive plus sizes? There are some things one cannot unsee. If you have an arse the approximate size of Madagascar, jeggings are not for you. (Neither are bus seats next to me, ideally.)

Gah! Why can’t we have nice things like concealed weapons?

7 Likes

Proffers Pitchers & Hugs…

Screwdriver is charged…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

6 Likes

The existing screws Will Not Budge. Corroded to buggery despite being theoretically sealed.
This is going to be a loooong afternoon.

7 Likes

Oh Ferkit, Gus

WD40 ? Oil Pen ?

Pitcher?

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Do you have any 3-in-1 oil? I think coke has been said to work as a substitute in a crisis, but I’ve never tried it.

6 Likes

I regularly receive emails offering me a free concealed carry holster if I buy a gun. Why I receive these emails I have no idea* but I could forward the next one to you if you wish.

• Potentially of more use to me than penis enlargement though, I suppose.
7 Likes

Oh dear. I am now being seriously GLARED at, by several pussy cats. It would seem that they don’t really appreciate Wagner at volume …

8 Likes

But surely “loud” is the only volume to play Wagner?

7 Likes

I have a new roommate

Deafer than the last

She likes hurling and just had to have the match on her phone

At screaming pitch

I need leopards to DEAL with the bluddy woman’s phone and render it silent forever

8 Likes

'Cos of wot happened last time.

If nothing else will do it, there is a special sort of drill bit which you can use to make a threaded shaft down the inside of the screw head.

If you’re getting driver engagement and just need more force, T-bar driver?

Am home, BTW.

6 Likes

Not sure whether it was the 3-in-1 or the power of prayer, but did eventually get the screws out.

Do you want a laugh? By the time I had trimmed the ‘tunnel’ part of the flap to suit my rather thin door - yes, Gus Has Fun With Hacksaws - the long screws that came with the thing were too long and the short ones (can’t imagine what they would work on, tbh) too short. So guess what - I have used the old buggered screws. It is affixed and functioning. Whether it functions for an actual cat remains to be seen. Oaf is upstairs on the bed in what appears to be a Cosmic Sulk. Don’t see what he’s got to sulk about. He could get in and out and he is warm in his snuggly bed. I’m the one who has been freezing her tush off.

There is not a chance in hell that Christmas cake will happen this evening. Another 12 hours soaking won’t hurt the fruit, after all. I now propose to have a large drink. Several large drinks, probably.

Bah!

8 Likes

Have a large drink for this reluctant sober person

7 Likes

Stuff forra bee.

7 Likes

Have these people never heard of headphones?

Pretty much the first priority for me when I was incarcerated. Didn’t disturb the neighbours and meant they didn’t disturb me.

Better still when I was moved to an isolation room, though…

7 Likes