So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Or the Gus. Well done you!

7 Likes

Well done Gus

Hacksaws are an essential part of one’s tool kit

Anna selection of hammers…

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

If it’s not possible to let loose the leopards of war on her, much though I’d love to hear that happen, could Yon Bull get you some noise-cancelling earphones? Even noise-isolating earphones would be better than nothing, perhaps with something soothing to listen to. I swear by (not at) my Bose noise-cancelling earphones on flights. It damps down that horrible din to something quite bearable. Not sure how well it works on hurling matches, though.

8 Likes

Thank you, dear Sparrow.

I must say I made a meal out of what should have been a very straightforward little job. I hate being such a cliche - the little woman who is rubbish at DIY. And it’s not as if Himself did it all - if it was beyond my limited abilities, we Got A Man In. The man we used to get in is not someone I would use again though, for complicated reasons, if he is even still around. Wonder if his missus is out of jail yet…

9 Likes

I once phoned the gas-fitter I’d used six months earlier and got his widow…

9 Likes

Curses, Twellsy. But if she is really deaf, you could creep over and smother her in her sleep. Well, unless she has a MTGB to alert the nursing staff that she is malfunctioning…

9 Likes

You are clearly not that cliche, since you did wot you just did. I, on the other hand, am very definitely that cliche - and I don’t care. I’m not certain I’d even recognise a hacksaw if I saw one.

7 Likes

I once went into a supermarket and asked for the butcher I usually dealt with and they told me he’d been murdered. I couldn’t seem to work the conversation around to asking for the particular cut of meat I was after, so after the usual shocked and appalled utterances, I slunk away.

9 Likes

For a moment there I wondered what an MGBGT had to do with it.

7 Likes

Yeah, they can pull people back from quite a lot of pillow-over-the-face these days. Which I suppose is a good thing mostly.

“But why would she have tried to swallow a whole walnut (in shell)?”

8 Likes

A holster could be quite useful for that too, in extreme cases
do I have to do everything round here? Was waiting for someone else to point this out…

8 Likes

Slightly like a hawk but not very?

7 Likes

That is probably very wise of you. Means you don’t end up kneeling on a screw, for one thing. I always do: it is Traditional, and bluddy painful, too. Every time. And I always start out with the intention of putting them carefully in a little dish.

7 Likes

Ouch!

But screw kneeling apart, the way I see it is that the more time I spend doing stuff I’m bad at, the less time I have to do stuff I’m good at. Like, er…

I’ll come back to you on that one.

8 Likes

“At length the Heralds then pronounced her death as suicide.
And all within the district voiced themselves quite satisfied.
It was a verdict, after all, that none wished to refute–
Though no one could imagine why she tried to eat her lute.”

8 Likes

Good one, Fishers.

Thanks, Armrest. To what do I owe…?

I have endured a rather fraught time, trying to remove my ‘going out’ dress. I very much like the look of this dress when it’s on, but getting it on and, even worse, getting it off are a real struggle. The culprit is the zip at the back, which is simply too short. As the material has no give, I ended up bent over double, arms a-flailing and got stuck. I was just on the point of shouting for Mr Bee to bring a pair of scissors when I finally escaped. It’s like this but comes to my knees:

Lunch was delightful.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Silicone trays for boardgame components turn out to be Dead Handy for this, especially as you can wash 'em afterwards. That’s how I kept the various bits sorted when we had to remove our front door…

Something like these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GAMELAND-Foldable-Bowls-Silicone-Standard/dp/B07DWQTSN7/

6 Likes

Ah yes, I remember it well

“It was a door/ no not a gate
We were on time/ the fridge was late”…

7 Likes

My roommate has found headphones

After the bluddy hurling match was over

I am just having a cackle because her team lost

Tee Hee my wicked wish was granted

Right six rows to cast off the cardi time

Click click click…

8 Likes

One of the downsides of no longer being a smoker is not knowing where all the ashtrays have been stashed.

6 Likes