So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Bah. I meant to put in a link:

That is a very beely dress, Soo.

7 Likes

I have three ovvem in differing colours.
Soo xx

8 Likes

For beeing a bee.

8 Likes

You old softy, you.

Another idol shattered…

7 Likes

:blush:

Soo xx

8 Likes

It will come as no surprise, probably, that the cat, having gone out the back door when I went out for a fag, is now pusihng pathetically at the Chatière with his nez but failing to come through it. No doubt because it is New and Smells Funny. Possibly of garlic.

< sigh >
And I really want to go to bed quite soon as I am feeling knackered and somewhat ropey. Tw * tc * t.

7 Likes

Go to bed. If he really wants to come in, be sure he will do so.

7 Likes

I know that really, dear Fishy, but I do Worry about him. And I don’t want him sitting on the doorstep meeping pathetically at some ungodly hour. It would make me feel all kinds of Mean. Which I am, of course, but not on the whole to cats.

7 Likes

He is in full possession of his bodily functions and the strength of a young male cat; he is perfectly capable of getting through a cat-flap without your help. He will not meep for long if you ignore it. Go to bed.

7 Likes

Soo, I can always put longer zips in for you

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

The meeping occurs at the front door, as he wonders what is taking the Second Footman so long…
Still waiting for him. But it is a dry night, albeit chilly, and there is - or certainly there was - a bleedin’ gurt moon. Prime acting-the-maggot time for cats, in other words.

7 Likes

But that would spoil the fun, Dahlink . Was vastly amused by visions of a flailing Bee trapped half in, half out of her Good Dress (sorry, Soo, but there it is). There were certain garments the Ma could only get into or out of with assistance from the Dad, iirc. And I did half-strangle myself in a rather snug-in-places-but-voluminous-elsewhere Monsoon thing. Himself was no help at all, being incapacitated by a) laughter; and b) whiskey. I threw a hairbrush at him.

8 Likes

The cardi is cast off!!!

I now have a scarf to knit in stocking stitch

Only 53 stitches wide so it should go quickly enough

I am so proud of myself

It’s the first time I have followed a pattern without someone watching every step

Both front sides are as near the same as I can manage

I am celebrating with a glass of apple and sour cherry soft drink

And the nice cheeses from supper time

My long experience with hospitals has taught me to be a bit creative with menu choices so that I do not perish in the night from hunger

I mean who eats at 5 o’clock and then has bugga all till 8.30am?

Without even beer to sustain them???

7 Likes

Hurrah, Twellers - well done that patient! Now get yourself discharged and it made up and wear it with pride and satisfaction, and may it protect your chesticles from further embuggerance.
You’re addicted, by the way - straight on to the next knit, which is a sure sign.

7 Likes

Gus the scarf gets attached to the cardi and is a part of the pattern

Next project is a chunky jumper for a Bull in the garden

Not fancy but warm so we can do things in our garden

Like clear a bed of twenty foot high conifers that need to be taught who is boss

7 Likes

Ah. An advanced sort of construction.

Love the idea of a conifer-taming gansey.

6 Likes

Oh well done Twellsy! You are right to be proud of yourself.

Oh. I haven’t started my next one yet. Actually, I think I’m getting tomorrow out of the way first. I have mixed feelings about tomorrow - Lovely Son-In-Law is taking us all out for lunch. To mark Lou’s birthday. There will be a place for her at the table and he’ll pour her a glass of wine, and everything. He did it last year too.

I want to go, but at the same time I just want to be alone with my thoughts.

9 Likes

Medics, probably. Wiv a cold shower in there at some point too.

[pourity] [pourity] [pourity]

Seems eminently fair to me. Everyone should get to grieve in the way they want to, but when it means involving other people…

9 Likes

By George, I think he’s got it. Well, there was a bit of suspicious activity and noise and suddenly, pouf! there is An Oaf. Because he is a brave and clever cat he has been rewarded with crack Dreamies

10 Likes

Brava, Twellies!

TFM, I would offer a respectful hug if I were sure it would be welcome.

Gus, did I or did I not prophesy this?

6 Likes