So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

As you’d suspect, joe, it was a foul-mouthed diatribe against all sorts of worthy victims. At times, it was hilarious, at others cringe-making. But, he has a knack of getting under the skin of a problem and always makes one think. I do wish that people would recognise the limits of their bladder-capacity, however, and not down buckets full of beer prior to a live performance - he was only ‘on’ for an hour and twenty minutes (after a warm-up act that didn’t work for me) and out and in they trooped… I did enjoy his show, though.

Soo xx

5 Likes

And now, my Dears, I must go to bed. I hope that the Hospice bash goes well, Carinthia. I’ll be at a Church fair in a neighbouring village (for my sins).
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

6 Likes

Gin, Soo

I’ll have an Medicinal

I wanted to go to the Orsepiss today in case I don’t get there tomorrow. The Noo bedrooms, which replace 3 3-bedded bays are beautiful.

I was accosted by one of the Chaplains.

Poor man *

*I have no problems at all with Chaplains of any Faith, but I am not best pleased about the state of the Chapel, & I told him so

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

IMO hurling profanties never hurts, wee Bee, and it can be a Grate Relief to the Feelings.

6 Likes

This morning we have proper British November wevver: wettish murk.

Good time to stay inside wivva

yardarm

6 Likes

Morning all

8 Likes

… & butties.

I have bacon (double smoked, cooked in rendered rind), eggs cooked ditto, squashages (plain pork, fat uns).

Sliced sourdough loaf, buttered.

Pots of tea … Earl Grey, Ceylon. Large cafetiere of freshly ground Nicaraguan.

Form orderly queues please.

7 Likes

That’s cultural oppression that is. It’s an ancient part of me dunnockly culture to sneak in and pinch stuff.

8 Likes

Then “form an ordely queue please … knowing full-well some will ignore that request”.

Oh, & for those of you what doesn’t eat meat … there’s sausages & bacon for you not to eat.

8 Likes

\_______/ <------- Me Plate

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Drool

I am severely sossige deprived

The Bull was here and took me out for a roll about the hospital

We went to the restaurant for a cup of tea and I saw something that gave me the giggles

A mother placed her two boys at a table and told them to sit still while she went to get their lunch

One bratling started to climb onto the back of the chair which dumped him onto the floor Banging his head on the table

So far nothing to giggle about

The sight of the brother hissing “don’t cry orMum will not let us have a Coke “while hauling the brat up was what I giggled at

7 Likes

Bin feeling grotty so went out forra walk. Very autumnal.

8 Likes

And now the sun has come out. Its timing sucks swamp through a straw.

7 Likes

While I was out there was a nice illustration of the way to and how NOT to bring up children

The foyer has a large concert grand piano and a teenage girl was playing it

Rather well

Her bruvver was trying to bang his hands on the keyboard and papa grabbed bruvver and restrained him

Different family

One small girl who wanted to play so the teenager let her take a turn

Crashes bangs and thumps of a hideous nature

Proud parents smiling and saying how good she was

The receptionist soon rescued the piano by closing it

Why do some folks not get the idea of treating a valuable instrument with some respect?

8 Likes

In the good old days, spawn were not permitted to visit in hospitals at all.

7 Likes

Progress ain’t all it’s cracked up to be

Beastly gerrrruuummm factories are what childer are apart from disturbances of the peace in a lot of cases

Some folks like the parents of the musical teen keep their brats under control

Other folks should not be allowed to breed

Says the childless old bag who is a bit intolerant due to illness

8 Likes

When we had our first in 1981 and he was in the Special Care Baby Unit in an incubator, my mother was not allowed in.

The premi in the next incubator (rooms of four, all occupied) was visited every day after work by his mother, father and about six assorted offspring under ten.

The other two never seemed to be visited at all.

6 Likes

When our nevvie was born very prem it was parents and Grandparents only for months

No children even when other adults were allowed to visit

He was a good three months old when we met him

7 Likes

Shoppers beware. Aldi had nets of smallish onions. What they lack in circumference they more than make up in pungency - there has been a major Snot Incident chez Gus. Trained personnel are currently making the area safe.
Anyway, belly pork and savage onions and apple are now in the slow cooker.

Has anyone seen any turnips recently?

7 Likes

We went to the Gaiety Theatre to see an amateur production of Blackadder last week, there were quite a few in that. Baldrick does like his turnips.

7 Likes