So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Much better idea than the glitterbomb, imo ;- )

6 Likes

Snorkity Snork !

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I dunno- I like a glitterbomb bath when in hotels

7 Likes

I think perhaps I should have chosen a simpler knitting pattern, it is taking me forever. But I have finally finished the back and started on a sleeve…

The whole thing is that lace pattern all over. Still, it keeps me out of mischief.

ETA: That photo sent me off to examine it in a panic cos it looks as though there is a mistake. Phew! It is an optical delusion in the photo.

6 Likes

That is absolutely gorgeous, TFM! Well done you.

6 Likes

Envious applause from me

That is stunning

7 Likes

That’s glorious, TFM

Can someone tell me what 50kg is in stones & pounds, please?

Brain appears to be frying

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

7st 12.2lb

5 Likes

Proper numbers.

6 Likes

Totally beautiful, TFM. The colours, too! I would treasure such a gament and I hope that it gives you many years of pleasure. Brava!

Soo xx

6 Likes

Thank-you Fishy

Do have an Minnow End

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Thattiz blummin’ gorgeous, TFM. What brand is the yarn?

6 Likes

Which is a pretty effective number in its own right, in sufficient quantities.

6 Likes

Gosh! Thanks for all the lovely comments, I am blushing now!

Gus, it is King Cole ‘Riot’, which comes in some beautiful colour combinations and some truly horrendous ones - ‘Neon’ would give me sleepless nights. Not a particularly extravagant yarn to buy, I wasn’t going to spend a fortune on my first attempt at a sweater in 30 years.

6 Likes

It is splendid.
See what you mean about "Neon’, but there are indeed some tempting combinations (not a phrase to be used with the late J. Grundy in mind, of course). Urban and Ocean particularly appeal. Makes note to self.

You seem not to have lost the knack in the past 30 years, me dear - it’s lovely knitting as well as a fab yarn.

6 Likes

Beech, eh? Sea Breeze is also good.

6 Likes

I judge myself against OMCB, Gus - I could never aspire to her talent.

5 Likes

Entirely unrelated, but someone sent me this this evening.

8 Likes

I am definitely skulking off to my rubbish knitter’s bench I could never hope to be half as good as the rest of you

In my defence I enjoy making felt which is what my knitting can end up like

6 Likes

I’m not sure it is, I’m certain the paintwork on one of those trains was the inspiration for ‘Neon’.

6 Likes