So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

But not usually in colour.

5 Likes

No I was never a lover of dark

I much prefer bright light

6 Likes

Curtain Monkeys are fine until they have a fight, then it’s not just PETA that kicks up the stink (and flings it about).

6 Likes

May I offer a bbqed spatchcock chicken done to a turn and nicely flame charred with fresh cole slaw a pea and asparagus salad and brioche rolls

I even have crispy skin for them as likes it

6 Likes

You may. In fact I might quite inadvertently have had yer hand off there. Look, it will probably regrow.
And the chicken is delicious

5 Likes

Gus

Do you know what really makes me happy?

I just love feeding folks and so I am just happy that our simple food seems to be what people like that sound of

6 Likes

Morning all.

I have a Flat Hound sleeping at the foot of the bed.

yardarm

edit: and occasionally twitching.

6 Likes

Bacon butties ready

loaves will be out in ten minutes for hot buttered crusts

6 Likes

Have we got a second batch, Twellsy ?

I have some very good ham,& could just fancy an ham sandwich

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I had a gorgeous ham salad for lunch in a little café in Aberfeldy, today. We’d vsited Bolfracks Garden, which wozz lovely in the sunshine:

Here I am, in close-up:

On our return journey the Heavens opened and it has obviously rained an awful lot in and around Killin, but not in parts less than 30 miles away.
The squirrels (or one ovvem, at least) has w#rked out that the peanuts are Good and accessible.
Soo xx

6 Likes

You’re looking gorgeous, Soo

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Too kind, Darling. Does my bum look big in that?
Soo xx

6 Likes

Huge. And very fuzzy. Both of which are highly desirable in a bee.

5 Likes

You say the nicest things Gus :rofl: Carinthia, too.
Soo xx

5 Likes

The Hound was looking suspiciously at a bee in the garden this afternoon… she dunn’arf do Suspicious well.

4 Likes

Perhaps you missed the way the bee was regarding The Hound, Hedgers. I let one of my little beely cousins buzz around me for simply ages, today - they only check you out to see if you’re a flower, after all - only to discover it was a ginormous wasp with, presumably, evil intent. As there had been many of these, around the garden rasping away at any untreated wood, I fell to thinking that perhaps the wasp thought I may be an untreated wooden-top.

Another anecdote. Mr Bee uses digital scales to weigh his morning porridge and water, ovva morning. Those provided here weren’t w#rking, so we popped out to the outdoorsy shop in Killin for a replacement battery. Mr Bee wozz delighted that the chap could supply a suitable battery and expressed hizz delight. I paid the 50p required and the assistant smiled and said, “Have a great time”. For wot other devices are CR2032 3V Lithium cells required? Replies to Beech Cottage.

The scales were knadgerated, anyhoo, so we bought new ones in Aberfeldy as life is too short.

Soo xx

4 Likes

I know several, but nothing I’d be inclined to smile about.

Friend of mine was on a diet for which he had to account for grammes of fat, etc., and found that yes, you can get very accurate scales which you can fold up and stick in a pocket. I’m sure they have “substantial non-infringing uses”.

5 Likes

A mate of mine is very proud of his ‘drug dealer scales’, which were indeed used for drugs of a kind. The TCHM kind, to be precise

5 Likes

Oh, yeah? Well, I have a spice grinder with pollen catcher anna brush and everyfink! It’s psychedelic and my kinder laugh at it.

I am on the look-out for Pine Marten. They have been re-introduced, in some areas, and I don’t want them predating my red squirrels. I’ll try to send a squirrel pic in the morn.

Best dreams, all.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Eerily quiet in here. I hope I’m not overstepping the mark if I call a tentative

YARDARM

just to be on the safe side

5 Likes