So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Spatchcock chicken is happily roasting and smoking while I am enjoying the sun and beer

Heaven

7 Likes

Bin forra walk up the other side of the valley.

9 Likes

That is a gorgeous wood

But my terrace has sun…

7 Likes

I used to do that too soo, I was always hopeless at it but I enjoyed it, it is fun.

The rain held off here for the Senior TT, the grande finale of the fortnight. They started early to avoid rain forecast for this afternoon and all was done and dusted by lunchtime, so not much opportunity for junk food but I did manage to pick up a kipper bap for breakfast. Locally smoked in Peel.

6 Likes

[Faints]
[Revives]
Not Craster?

(Unrelated, but I used to be a decent shot.)

Soo xx

6 Likes

Do you like Arbroath smokies?

6 Likes

Having endured kipper-induced food poisoning, I loathe all kippers. I just have this irrational desire to speak up for my county, Gus. I know.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Good grief no! Kippers are a big thing in IoM, and have been almost since forever - at one time herring fishing pretty much fed the entire population. We even have a kipper museum.

I’ll, er, bear that in mind. In case I ever disagree with you or anything.

7 Likes

Note the past tense and fear not.
Soo xx

6 Likes

That would put one off.
Going to see the smokeries in Arbroath was one of the things we were always going to do and never did.

6 Likes

Nothing irrational about that, it is a very beautiful county, probably my favourite in England. I fully intend to visit again when I get the chance.

5 Likes

Thank you. I am British, but Northumbrian first, as my family roots are firmly planted in the soil around here. (Enough, already Ed.)

Soo xx

5 Likes

Me family roots is mostly planted in the less-well-known bits of Epping Forest…

6 Likes

That’s yer ancestors, Bird, and they were planted late at night with only dark-lanterns carried.

7 Likes

…wot? No BorsetShoireBlew??? …perish that thort!!!

7 Likes

Ta for the earworm. ‘Brown birds buried at the dead of night’.Ta
Ta ever so.

6 Likes

It’s bloody well contagious!

6 Likes

Not for me it ain’t!

7 Likes

Ha!
Ypu do realise I shall see that as a Challenge, don’t you dere?
And I am feeling particularly malevolent just now…

6 Likes

You can try

7 Likes