So, who wants to help ... to instaurate the cellar?

The real difficulty is going to be finding anywhere to keep thirteen absolutely full A4 files. And I do mean anywhere! If we got rid of one of the Encyclopaedia Britannicas (1911 and 1954) the files could go where they are, but I don’t really want to even if all human knowledge is on the internet somewhere so I don’t actually need them; if nothing else, it would be silly to keep the volume with my father’s article in it and ditch the rest, as well as making the set no use to anyone else – not that anyone else would want it anyway, but you know what I mean. Getting rid of it would mean throwing it away, and that seems somehow Wrong.

6 Likes

Keep the 1954. Find a home for the 1911. Shipping it to Norway would probably be prohibitively expensive, though…

6 Likes

Thunder!

6 Likes

I was thinking of the other way round: the content of the 1954 is almost certain to be mostly-available elsewhere, that of the 1911 a lot less so. On a practical level, the 1954 is not printed on India paper so it takes up a lot more shelf-space.

Mind you, I am unsure whether having books in the house which contain instructions for making explosives for household use is necessarily prudent.

6 Likes

I was delighted to find that set of The World Of The Children

6 Likes

For those who missed it first time round:

5 Likes

Wot, you think we should be gettin’ inventive?

5 Likes

Please, no, don’t. The authorities can be so prone to misinterpreting the true spirit of scientific enquiry.

In other substance -related news, I am having sautéed cauliflower (florets and leaves) seasoned with panch phoran with me chicken and potato curry. Ittizzz very good. Thought a Bee might like to know ;- )

6 Likes

A bee needs to know, Gusly One. Sounds delicious (panch phoran rocks - took some oop north for DD) and way better than stuffed courgettes. I bit my tongue horribly painfully halfway through dinner and didn’t go back to it. Himself beefully and gleefully helped clear one’s plate. Sigh.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Ouch, Soo

I twice bit my tongue a couple of months ago, & itizz still sore

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Blood is an appetite suppressant, I’ve learned.

Anyhoo - slammers?

Soo xx

5 Likes

What an Excellent Idea, Soo

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Hence the dearth of portly vampires, dear.
And oww! Sympathies.
Gxx

5 Likes

Nice one :laughing:

Doesn’t hurt, now, but thanks, Gus.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Certainly when I’ve stuffed meself on black pud I don’t usually want to eat much else for a bit.

5 Likes

Didn’t have you down as a Black Ribboner…

5 Likes

Oh, I’m all about narcolepsy awareness, me.

5 Likes

That’s my level of understanding. Try to not hate me.

Good nights, Cellarites.

Soo xx

4 Likes

Gin, Darling

All will improve

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

What is panch phoran dear limpet?

I think it would be a good thing to have if it is nice and spicy

6 Likes